lmewshaw
Can admin review how users use Search function ?
  • 2004/3/15 16:33

• lmewshaw

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/21

What I'd like to be able to see is a list or log of what users type in the "Search" box.

Does anyone know of a way to see that?

Thanks,
Lee

cuckston
Re: Can admin review how users use Search function ?
  • 2004/3/15 18:56

• cuckston

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/1/19

I tried working this out once before however came to no conclusion.

Why are you trying to do it anyway?

lmewshaw
  • 2004/3/15 20:19

• lmewshaw

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/21

My thinking is that if users are searching for information that we don't have on the site, then we can add that content (or more visible links to existing content).

I did find I could look through the web access log files, but it's not user friendly.

I was hoping that XOOPS would track the text of searches in a log file somewhere, but I'm not seeing it.

Lee

DonXoop

I don't think there is an X specific module but you can look at other tools for this. The Apache logs (maybe IIS too) is the best source for the raw information. No sense in creating and saving this data twice. You need to analyze the server logs and filter for useful info.

Search around google for tools/apps that you can use to analyze web server logs to your liking. You might then be able to create a view of reports and graphs inside XOOPS if you need that too.

Might make a good project. I haven't analyzed for that info very much since the site is new and people don't often use the search yet (and around here too sometimes....). I've analyzed search engine linked hits though and that is interesting.

Login

Who's Online

210 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 210

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits