antek
Xoops Next Version?
  • 2004/3/9 18:23

• antek

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/8 5

Hi all,

I was wondering how long till the next version of XOOPS comes out? Do you have a ballpark figure? The complementary question to that is: Will the new XOOPS be multilingual? I am wondering if it is worth it for me to invest my time to create a multilingual version of the XOOPS core or should i just wait for the release of the next one?

I don't believe in putting together a hack with the [en][/en] etc... It is only a short term solution and what i'm looking for is something that is more long term and robust.

If someone on the XOOPS core development team could reply it would be greatly appreciated.

Herko
Re: Xoops Next Version?
  • 2004/3/9 19:15

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

It'll not be part of XOOPS2.1, but it will be part of a later version. As you say yourself, making XOOPS multilingual is difficult to do right, and XOOPS has a very high quality standard.

As for ballpark figures: I can't give you those as I have no idea (and if anyone has an idea about the release dates, it's me). I hope that such a major change will be released for the public (beta of course) in the summer, but as with all these projects, people do it in their spare time if they have any, which makes it difficult to plan.

Herko

antek
  • 2004/3/9 23:06

• antek

• Just popping in

Thanks alot for your prompt response. Could you also let me know when XOOPS 2.1 is due for release? if its not too much of a problem. I must say you guys are doing a great job... i've evaluated around 20 CMS optionsout there and this one seems at the top... I think adding multilingual support to this system will fill the only real downside i can spot with the software.

Best of luck with it.

Brad
  • 2004/3/10 2:43

• Brad

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/12/4

Antek, please tell me how Herko could possibly know when a release date for 2.1 is? He had said that he HOPES to have a BETA out in the summer. If he can't pinpoint a date on a beta, he surely can't do much better on a stable release.

I know your anxious, as we all are, but please... Patience.

antek
  • 2004/3/10 7:29

• antek

• Just popping in

as far as i understood him (and i could be wrong - not first or last time) he said that in summer he would like to have a beta version of the multilanguage support and 2.1 will not have multilanguage therefore 2.1 will come out sooner??. Which i think is great. He did not mention though when 2.1 would be released and that is why i asked him. Sorry if i seem anxious but i need to do a project in the very near future and hence would like to work with the newest version of xoops.

Thanks

chapi
  • 2004/3/10 11:11

• chapi

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/1/22

As Herko said in another thread, there will be more news about the future development of XOOPS in the next WOX newsletter (World Of Xoops) which will be published this week.

Stewdio
  • 2004/3/10 15:37

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

WOX Rox! Looking forward to it!

Login

Who's Online

231 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 231

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits