percheron
Looking for file upload module
  • 2004/2/26 17:05

• percheron

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/8 0

Hi, am just starting out with XOOPS and am looking for a way to allow a group to upload files to the Downloads area. It appears that links to files can be submitted, but the files themselves are not actually uploaded by the user - is that correct or am I just confused? None of my users would have a server that would enable them to post a link for downloading, but they have files that need to be uploaded and shared in the downloads area.

I want to restrict the uploading of files (real files - not links) to a particular group. Is this possible?

I'm sure this is a nuisance newbie question but I searched the forum and googled and did not find what I need.

Thanks for any info,
jim

carnuke
Re: Looking for file upload module
  • 2004/2/26 18:14

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Hello Jim

Take a look at these two links, they may help you mak a choice about using a module for this

LINK-1
LINK-2

Richard

percheron
  • 2004/2/26 21:58

• percheron

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/8 0

Richard,
Thanks for the reply. I have downloaded the files from both references and am not entirely sure what to do with them. I was not able to find any documentation for either, but they appear to be replacements for the existing MyDownloads module.

I was not successful in installing either module, even though I renamed the existing modules/mydownloads directory. I received errors, an example is below, and then the Download module disappears from the Admin menu. I'm afraid I'm so new at this I need a step-by-step as to how to replace an existing XOOPS module, and then restore the original if it does not work.

I have had no difficulty installing other modules that I've tried, such as Xoopsgallery, but this is the first time I've tried to replace a module. I should add that I am using XOOPS 2.0.6.

Thanks again,
jim

Error when trying to "Update" MyDownloads module using MyDownloads_V:
Module File for mydownloads Not Found!Module File for mydownloads Not Found!Module File for mydownloads Not Found!Module data updated.
Rebuilding blocks...
Deleting module config options...
Config data deleted from the database. Config ID: 151
Config data deleted from the database. Config ID: 152
Config data deleted from the database. Config ID: 153
Config data deleted from the database. Config ID: 154
Config data deleted from the database. Config ID: 155
Config data deleted from the database. Config ID: 156
Config data deleted from the database. Config ID: 157
Config data deleted from the database. Config ID: 158
Config data deleted from the database. Config ID: 159
Config data deleted from the database. Config ID: 160
Config data deleted from the database. Config ID: 161
Config data deleted from the database. Config ID: 162
Config data deleted from the database. Config ID: 163

Module Downloads updated successfully.

carnuke
  • 2004/2/27 8:14

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Hello Jim.

My first comment is to read the threads of comment with the 2 links (if not done so already) There are notes here about uninstalling the existing mydownloads module, I think. The other point connected with this is NOT to rename the existing module with the intention of removing any conflicts. The database tables will still be there and that may be what is causing the problem.

I would suggest you deactivate all versions of mydownloads or whatever you have called them, then uninstall them and remove them from your system. Then upload the module you want to try, keeping the original name and install in the usual way.

It's important to keep a clean database table structure on your site.

Login

Who's Online

163 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 163

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits