WPCBlaze
downgrade
  • 2004/2/25 15:07

• WPCBlaze

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/8 2

Is there any way i change change my XOOPS version to 2.0.5 ( i think that was the last one ) , i installed the new patch but i've had nothing but problems with it i asked a m8 of him but he wasnt sure that the site would be ok if i changed it back to the old patch

Vargr
Re: downgrade
  • 2004/2/25 16:53

• Vargr

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/6/19

What patch are you talking about?

XOOPS 2.0.6? For that is not a patch, but an upgrade.

And if case is, that you want to go from 2.0.6 back to 2.0.5, then I don't know if that is possible. I suppose it is but don't take my word for it.

robekras
  • 2004/2/25 17:31

• robekras

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2002/12/10

As long as an upgrade consists only of new files (no database changes), I think it would be possible to go back to an old version.

You only have to keep track of which files have changed between the old version and the new version, and upload the original files (from the complete original distribution).
Never tried it, so it is on your own risk.

But the question is more, does it make sense to go back to an old version.

What kind of problems do you have? Are you sure that the problems come from version 2.0.6.
Maybe there has something other changed, but you didn't recognize.

DonXoop

Did you apply the patch or the whole 2.0.6 file? There isn't any major changes that should affect most installs. The only way I know to downgrade is to apply the full 2.0.5 file and overwrite what is there.

You do need to Update the core modules during an upgrade (and a downgrade I assume).

WPCBlaze
  • 2004/2/25 18:06

• WPCBlaze

• Just popping in

to tell u the truth i dont know if downgrading would be the right thing to do but i dont know what else to do

theres a few problems

quite a few people can not log on the site they get a message saying "thank u for loggin in" but they are not logged in they just get sent back top the fron page where they have to log in again

And the few people that can log in , half the time they cant post on the forums they get a message saying "page can not be displayed"

theres a few more things but those are the 2 main things i need to sort out quick

thx to anyone that can help

regen_r8
  • 2004/2/25 21:41

• regen_r8

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/5/23

I seem to have this problem on new sites that I put up. One of the first things that I do when I put up a new site is to change the session and user cookie settings in the general preferences.

Change these settings:
Quote:

Name for user cookies.

This cookie contains only a user name and is saved in a user pc for a year (if the user wishes). If a user have this cookie, username will be automatically inserted in the login box.

Use custom session
Select yes to customise session related values. Yes No

Session name

The name of session (Valid only when 'use custom session' is enabled)

Session expiration
Maximum duration of session idle time in minutes (Valid only when 'use custom session' is enabled. Works only when you are using PHP4.2.0 or later.)

I tend to host several XOOPS sites on the same domain (test and prod), and they have been known to interfere with the cookie names unless I change. Also, I use a custom session with a longer timeout (usually 2 hours) because my traffic is low, and it's less annoying to me when I get interrupted for 15 minutes and need to log in again.

Once I have adjusted these settings the symptoms you describe are eliminated.

WPCBlaze
  • 2004/2/25 22:48

• WPCBlaze

• Just popping in

thx for your reply but what do i change them settings to ???? what shall i put in place of the things thats already there or what shall i turn on ?

You put down what i should be looking at but u didnt say what i should be putting down

this is my first ever site so forgive me if i dont get what u mean right away

m0nty
  • 2004/3/5 23:00

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

i had this problem, but asking people just to delete their cookies in their own computer was enuff to solve the problem in my case..

in the custom sessions section, the value u need to change is the session name ie. xoops_session

i changed mine from the default anyway, try changing it to yoursite_session or whatever name u want to give it.. all it does is rename the cookie.

Login

Who's Online

252 user(s) are online (160 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 252

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits