Anonymous
Has anyone separated database from web server with xoops?
  • 2004/2/25 10:38

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has had experience separating the database from the webserver with xoops. Any pitfalls, cautions, how to's are apprciated.

-d

Mithrandir
Re: Has anyone separated database from web server with xoops?

You mean having XOOPS running on a webserver on one box and the database running on a database server on another one?

No problems whatsoever. It's just a matter of writing the address of the database server instead of localhost.

Anonymous
  • 2004/2/25 11:16

• Anonymous

• Since:

Yep. We're working on as hardware design that can withstand 20,000~30,000+ users. At first we thought we should run it on one box, but then we did a little research and asked some questions with devs who have worked on sites that have 40k+ users. There seemed to be concensus with all the devs: "Separate db from apache server and get a tape backup of db!"

Mithrandir

No problem with XOOPS there.

dragonfl
  • 2004/2/25 12:48

• dragonfl

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/6

My site is set up in just that mannor, and I have had no issues at all.

However, I did set it up that way from start, not sure of the difficulty in seperating them once the site is up and running..

Drag

Vargr
  • 2004/2/25 16:58

• Vargr

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/6/19

I can't see that should be a problem. Should be like moving ones XOOPS to another site (for example in order to have a non-public testbed). There is no problems there moving the DB (and admittedly the site too) to another place in the "middle of" use.

Then again, I haven't tried.

DonXoop

No problem. Just alter the db details in mainfile.php. Nothing else is hardcoded for db location (shouldn't be anyway). I've moved my html files and hit the original db server with no issues.

Login

Who's Online

194 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 194

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits