liang
Problem after installation from fantastico (O-to installation)
  • 2004/2/14 6:45

• liang

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/12

Q1)--- why I cant modify anything in file MAINFILE.PHP ??? whenever i change anything it come blank page nothing i can see in my site

Q2)--- what is the option that will appear same as login and withoput login mean to appear POLLS and some site block menu since i didnt see other option i want anynomous user to see all site content. I didnt find any option in admin menu setting.

Anyone kindly inform me if u know lol

djsckizo
Re: Problem after installation from fantastico (O-to installation)
  • 2004/2/14 9:19

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/9 8

First, I never use Fantastico to install XOOPS any more because it has always screwed something up with me. You are less likely to have headaches doing it the FTP way because you can make sure everything that needs to be done to XOOPS to install properly actually happens. Plus, it installs into a directory like that and I've never liked that, especially if you want to put it in the root directory. But, if you moved it you should only have to change the mainfile.php information in order to have it point somewhere else.

Note: today I moved a site and changing the mainfile info didn't work. I got a blank page. I suggest a search of the forums for an answer for this.

Second, to make everything appear for guest users, you should go into the Group settings and turn on what you want available for them.

liang
  • 2004/2/18 6:56

• liang

• Just popping in

hi pal thanx for all ya suggestion! now i did everything install it from ftp! well things is dat mainfile.php doesnt accept edit when chm to 444 only after chm777 it accept modifyinh

one problem here is dat i didnt c option to turn on for guest user to c all still i got this problem. in contact form, big news etc is not visible for guest user how will i do dis?

Herko
  • 2004/2/18 10:59

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

system admin -> groups. Edit the access rights for your anonymous group there

Herko

liang
  • 2004/2/18 13:37

• liang

• Just popping in

Hey djsckizo & Herko thanx for ur help guess i got some problem in ma sys things doesnt take. now i upload avatar i wanna hide ma pic but i cant i already give option to hide but still showing dis ma next problem lol

Login

Who's Online

123 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 123

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits