KubaZ
Two or more admins in xoops
  • 2004/2/10 0:24

• KubaZ

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/10/9

Hi,

I have one question :
Is it possible to make more admins in XOOPS ?

because only one account (which is created after install) has administration menu.

I have 2 users which are webmasters ..and they don't have Administration menu...

I've looked into tables Xoops.. but I don't have idea what I must change to achieve it.
(I changed rank and level to make it simile to first admin account but I haven't access to Admin sections)

baCio
KubaZ

Anonymous
Re: Two or more admins in xoops
  • 2004/2/10 0:33

• Anonymous

• Since:

Go to Administration Menu>Sys admin>groups and create a new group called Admins.

Then, add those 2 registered users to the list located on bottom. make sure all the boxes are checked so they have module access rights.

KubaZ
  • 2004/2/10 0:40

• KubaZ

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/10/9

thanks

simple way is the best

but it is a little bit interesting... same priviliges have webmaster group (all checked) but they don't have administrstion menu..

but when I added new group.. I achieved....

but anyway.. thanks !!

baCio
KubaZ

m0nty
  • 2004/2/11 5:40

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

i think you're referring to the webmaster and moderator function in the user info..

this has nothing to do with the actual site admin.. those are basically for the newbb forum if i'm not mistaken..

a lot of people get confused with that..

the way to give users full access as the webmaster does is the way you have now done it..

kahumbu
  • 2004/2/11 12:15

• kahumbu

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/8/23

It is easy to confuse the User Ranks with Group Permissions. The User Ranks (the ranks in Sys Admin -> User Ranks) is a way to assign those images below the name or give someone a special rank so as to differentiate them in the forums or comments.

The Group Permissions (Sys Admin -> Groups) is where the power lies. There is already a Webmaster Group by default but the Webmaster Group do not have the right permissions set at the start. If you assign someone in that group, you have to check if the group permissions are set to allow the module admin rights.

Login

Who's Online

240 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 240

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits