fishspon
myAds Module is not displaying adverts in actual categories...
  • 2004/1/27 9:01

• fishspon

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/11/23

I have a small problem with the myAds module... my adverts aren't actually listed within their categories. Please check here: http://hififorum.co.uk/modules/myAds/

As you can see, there is one advert within the "For Sale" category. It is also listed in the "latest submissions" section.

Now click on "For Sale" to view all ads within that category.

Why isn't my advert listed there? It's still listed in the "latest submissions" section, but not in the actual category.

Can anyone help me to fix this issue? Have i done something wrong? Is it a bug?

Any help is appreciated... thanks in advance

fishspon
Re: myAds Module is not displaying adverts in actual categories...
  • 2004/1/28 17:02

• fishspon

• Not too shy to talk

can anyone please help with this, or explain what i need to change?

Thanks again...

Falcon22
  • 2004/1/28 19:45

• Falcon22

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/26

"Latest Submissions" means of that category, at least that is the way I understand it. It gets even worse when you create subcategories because if you have a category "For Sale" and a subcategory "Speakers" then people could post in either one. There should be a way to limit people to post ONLY within subcategories if they are offered.

fishspon
  • 2004/1/28 20:29

• fishspon

• Not too shy to talk

do you have the latest myAds module running on your site??

Take a look at this page on my site:

http://hififorum.co.uk/modules/myAds/index.php?pa=view&cid=1

As you can see, underneath where it says "Main Index >> For Sale (1)", there is a space for the adverts to be, in between 2 horizontal white lines.

There is then another blue block underneath that, to end the current category listings, and then the 5 Latest Submissions appears underneath all of that.

The adverts should be displayed in that gap underneath the title, right? Otherwise the page looks rediculously full of horizontal lines and separators which are there for no reason.

Do you know what i mean??

Basically, "The 5 Latest Submissions" is module-wide, not category specific. Each category should display it's own adverts as well as the general "5 latest submissions" section.

Does anyone know how to fix this bug?

Thanks again

Falcon22
  • 2004/1/28 21:42

• Falcon22

• Just popping in

"Basically, "The 5 Latest Submissions" is module-wide, not category specific." This statement is false! When you view a category the latest submissions are only for that category.

But I agree with the rest of what you say. I dont think it is a bug but the module could be improved as per your specifications. Possibly you could try to contact the developer, I have a few suggestions also.

fishspon
  • 2004/1/28 22:11

• fishspon

• Not too shy to talk

I agree with you now actually... i investigated further, and the latest 5 submissions are category-specific.

however, i have some new issues...

This page ( http://hififorum.co.uk/modules/myAds/ ) works perfectly. I have no problem with it.

However, these two pages don't work properly, it seems:

http://hififorum.co.uk/modules/myAds/index.php?pa=view&cid=1
http://hififorum.co.uk/modules/myAds/index.php?pa=view&cid=2

Just underneath where it says "Main Index >> For Sale (6)" there are a few thin white horizontal lines. It looks like the adverts should be listed in there. However, they are not. That table is then ended, and a new one is started to show the actual adverts.

Also, the "Latest 5 submissions" area on both these category pages displays more than 5 entries. Why is this?

Falcon22
  • 2004/1/28 23:13

• Falcon22

• Just popping in

Ok, I figured out the vertical line mystery; that is where the subcategories would go if you had them; take a look at my site to see what I mean. I also have version 2.04 but it seems to work exactly the same as yours. jclist.com

And you are right about it display more that the "Latest 5" but I believe its because its using the same wording from the main module page. It makes sense that when you go to the category page you want to see all the ads but the wording should say "Ads in this category"

fishspon
  • 2004/1/29 5:48

• fishspon

• Not too shy to talk

How can i change it to say "Ads in this category" without also changing what it says on the "5 latest listings" box??

Also, take a look here: http://hififorum.co.uk/modules/myAds/index.php?pa=view&cid=1

Why do i have a row of 3 categories, then a row of 1, and then another row of 3, and another row of 1 ??

Can't i just have two rows of 3, and a row of 2 ??

How would i do this?

Falcon22
  • 2004/1/29 6:22

• Falcon22

• Just popping in

I dont know how to change the wording. I do reccomend asking the developer to make modifications because MyAds is a good module it just needs some minor improvements.

I suggest that you upgrade to 2.04, that may take care of your formatting problem. Formatting of columns is supposed to be automatic.

fishspon
  • 2004/1/29 20:13

• fishspon

• Not too shy to talk

well i downloaded what i thought was the latest version about a week ago... where can i get the latest??

Login

Who's Online

267 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 267

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits