qweasd
Blank page - Data access problem (I think)
  • 2004/1/18 11:45

• qweasd

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/18

Hi,

i am newbie to xoops.

the following is my server configuration.
RH 7.2
apache 1.3.27-4
php 4.1.2
mysql 3.23.58

this is my local machine and i am hosting the site. i just installed XOOPS in one of my virtual domains. i am not planning to use with my root site for the time being. i copied the html dir to /usr/web/myvirtualdomain directory. i hv set the directory permissions as mentioned in the docs.

i accessed my site as http://www.myvirtualdomain.com. i got the setup screens. Everything went fine till 'Confirm database settings' screen. when i hit 'next' then i got a blank white page. i guessed its data base access problem.

i turned the error_reporting(E_ALL) and 'display_errors = on" still no luck i am getting the blank page still. i checked the mysql, XOOPS db was not created. so this means the setup script is unable to acces the db. i am able to login to MySQL from command prompt as "msql -u root -p". i am also able to list the default db by this method.

then i wrote a test.php page to list phpinfo(); as suggested. one thing i found thats concerning me is that there is no specific line which says MySQL is supported. i found a generic line as "supported db"
MySQL
ODBC
PostgreSQL
Microsoft SQL Server
FrontBase

But there is a specific heading for "pgsql" and it also states "pgsql is supported" under it.

does it mean that MySQL support is not included with php. php was already installed in the box and i installed MySQL before installing xoops.

if this means MySQL support is not included php then how can i do it.

apprecitate ur help and time.

-B

qweasd
Re: Blank page - Data access problem (I think)
  • 2004/1/18 12:19

• qweasd

• Just popping in

i just installed php-mysql 4.1.2-7.3.6. Still no help.

the phpinfo shows the following configuration options for php

'./configure' 'i386-redhat-linux' '--prefix=/usr' '--exec-prefix=/usr' '--bindir=/usr/bin' '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--includedir=/usr/include' '--libdir=/usr/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/libexec' '--localstatedir=/var' '--sharedstatedir=/usr/com' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--prefix=/usr' '--with-config-file-path=/etc' '--enable-force-cgi-redirect' '--disable-debug' '--enable-pic' '--disable-rpath' '--enable-inline-optimization' '--with-bz2' '--with-db3' '--with-curl' '--with-dom=/usr' '--with-exec-dir=/usr/bin' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-gd' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--with-ttf' '--with-gdbm' '--with-gettext' '--with-ncurses' '--with-gmp' '--with-iconv' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-mm' '--with-openssl' '--with-png' '--with-pspell' '--with-regex=system' '--with-xml' '--with-expat-dir=/usr' '--with-zlib' '--with-layout=GNU' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-debugger' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-safe-mode' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-discard-path' '--enable-track-vars' '--enable-trans-sid' '--enable-yp' '--enable-wddx' '--without-oci8' '--with-imap=shared' '--with-imap-ssl' '--with-kerberos=/usr/kerberos' '--with-ldap=shared' '--with-mysql=shared,/usr' '--with-pgsql=shared' '--with-snmp=shared,/usr' '--with-snmp=shared' '--enable-ucd-snmp-hack' '--with-unixODBC=shared' '--enable-memory-limit' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-versioning' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-dbx' '--enable-dio' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-mbstr-enc-trans' '--with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs'

qweasd
  • 2004/1/19 2:09

• qweasd

• Just popping in

Any help.

Stewdio
  • 2004/1/19 8:06

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Try turning safe mode off and see if that helps. Not sure if that will work, but worth a shot.

DonXoop

Do you have the php-mysql RPM installed? I assume you are you using the RedHat binaries. The php-mysql RPM is an extra module that adds MySQL to PHP. The phpinfo() will have a section specific to MySQL and showing the MySQL client version. If you don't see that it won't connect.

Understand that you have old versions and RedHat is no longer putting out updates. But I believe there were updates to Apache, PHP, and Php-mysql. Good enough to get it running.

Also, you have to create the initial empty database and then tell the installer about it.

qweasd
  • 2004/1/21 7:52

• qweasd

• Just popping in

i installed php-mysql rpm but didnt restart httpd. this time i uninstalled everything, restarted httpd then installed everything again. this time it worked.

thanks for ur help. If someone could add this in the blank page FAQ that would be helpful for others.

thanks everyone. i hv some other issues but i ll start a new thread.

-qweasd

Login

Who's Online

985 user(s) are online (40 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 985

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits