ninja
Re: my server can't handle xoops anymore ....help....
  • 2004/1/12 21:09

• ninja

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/5/27

Thanks again for all your comments. Here are some more info.

Quote:

System Linux server1.volexo.com 2.4.24-HN-1.4-P4 #1 SMP Thu Jan 8 15:02:37 EST 2004 i686
Build Date Nov 13 2003 03:18:20
Configure Command './configure' '--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs' '--with-xml' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--with-curl' '--with-dom' '--with-dom-xslt' '--with-dom-exslt' '--enable-ftp' '--with-gd' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-xpm-dir=/usr/X11R6' '--with-gettext' '--with-imap' '--with-imap-ssl' '--with-kerberos' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-mbstr-enc-trans' '--enable-mbregex' '--with-mcrypt' '--with-mhash' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--with-mysql' '--with-openssl' '--with-pear' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-track-vars' '--enable-versioning' '--with-zlib'
Server API Apache
Virtual Directory Support disabled
Configuration File (php.ini) Path /usr/local/lib/php.ini
PHP API 20020918
PHP Extension 20020429
Zend Extension 20021010
Debug Build no
Thread Safety disabled
Registered PHP Streams php, http, ftp, https, ftps, compress.zlib

brash
  • 2004/1/12 22:51

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

What caching do you have set? I started caching the blocks as well as modules on my site, and it made a HUGE difference to performance.

DonXoop

There is a lot more to that output. This tells us what is installed but not the settings. Is the accelerator loaded and activated? Is zlib.compression On (doubt it since it will cause other problems)? Many options. I have good success with mmcache as an accelerator/precompiler/cache

It appears that the Linux kernel was recently recompiled and the server rebooted. The Apache config is important to know and optimize.

Where is the MySQL server? Are you using persistent connections? How many connections are being held open (maybe turn persistent off in mainfile.php and see how it runs)?

Do you want to show us the site?

anggarda
  • 2004/1/13 14:44

• anggarda

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/3/19

I'll have to agree with DonXoop, the most probable reason could be the persistent connection setting which may have been enabled.

Do take a look at that setting.

Regards and good luck.

Login

Who's Online

197 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 197

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits