Bandare
Uploading avatars....
  • 2003/12/29 21:35

• Bandare

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/29

Hello all....

I am in the process of trying out Xoop and have got it loaded up ok but am having a few problems so you might see me around the forums a bit!!!!!

I have a shed load of avatars to use but cant see how to upload them all as a bulk rather than individually.... can you assist pls...

thks

-------
Bandare
-------

CBlue
Re: Uploading avatars....

Maybe this thread could help you, Bandare.https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=15115&forum=20#forumpost62570

If you can get a MySQL script that contains all your current avatar info from your last database, then you could maybe edit it so that you can match it to the XOOPS avatars table.

Bandare
  • 2003/12/29 22:56

• Bandare

• Just popping in

I don't have a previous database... I just downloaded them from one of the XOOPS links somewhere......

I can't imagine uploading 1000 avatars manually!!!!!

I just thought I might be able to upload them through ftp!

DonXoop

If you downloaded the avatar pack I've seen then it includes an sql file for each category. Follow the instructions and it populates the db in under a second. Do pick your avatars wisely since it can get slow trying to list so many. I only took a couple of categories and that was enough.

CBlue

Nevermind!

DonXoop

One good turn deserves another.....

I was scratching my head over the same thing at first. It is still a little goofy since it seems you must keep the avatars in the upload directory.

But I find that users prefer to upload their own anyway. Within a day of activation I expect users to ask for linkable avatars from other sites. Big mistake and I'm glad this isn't an option in X.

YourHelp
  • 2003/12/30 4:56

• YourHelp

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/6/9 6

Uploading avatars in bulk is a total nightmare with XOOPS 2 it was so much easier to do with XOOPS 1.3 but now seeings its dont in database its harder i personaly have not found a way and have had to upload them one at a time

pstrasma
  • 2003/12/30 6:50

• pstrasma

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/23

I felt a bit silly doing it, but I ended up just doing a copy / paste from a simple directory listing of filenames into an Excel spreadsheet. Then it was a simple forumula to create the SQL insert commands. Another copy/paste into myPHPadmin and all set to go.

And if you want, you can put the system avatars in a subdirectory of uploads. Just put the filename in the database as "subdir/filename.gif" Works like a charm and keeps everything neat.

YourHelp
  • 2003/12/30 7:39

• YourHelp

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/6/9 6

Ok ill give it a try m8 thanks

Bandare
  • 2003/12/30 19:40

• Bandare

• Just popping in

Can you explain that process a bit more as I don't understand what you are meaning.... from a noob perspective!

Login

Who's Online

172 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 172

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits