Webbie
Custom Pages
  • 2003/12/22 17:48

• Webbie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/22

How do I add custom pages to the protal, such as a staff page, email form etc?

CBlue
Re: Custom Pages

I describe how in this post that I made today, Webbie

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=14939&forum=17#forumpost61546

Webbie
  • 2003/12/22 17:57

• Webbie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/22

Thanks

Stewdio
  • 2003/12/22 18:03

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

You could also use Freecontent or C-Jay content modules that can be found the 2.0 Module areas of the download pages.

Happy Xoopzing!

CBlue

Tiny content and wfsection too! I use all of them and the includes.

Includes are great if you just want to add one page because it's easy. If you want to intregrate alot of pages, then one of these modules will make it easier. Just upload, connect and link.

Stewdio
  • 2003/12/22 18:20

• Stewdio

I still need to learn how to do proper includes without a content module. I'm a dolt when it comes to php, actually, I'm a dolt when it comes to just about anything at all :-p

CBlue

I learned about the php includes here. There's a faq listing or wiki listing on it. But what they have in it didn't work for me so I modified it till it did. Trial and error! That's how I learn to do alot of things!

Stewdio
  • 2003/12/22 18:34

• Stewdio

Same here. I've learned the concept of php from the forums and poking around with the code myself. Certain basic elements I don't understand still, but now when I look at something, like file includes for instance, I at least understand what it is trying to do.

That and your plain english instructions help quite a bit. I've learned more in a few weeks from your posts then I have learned from watching the boards for over a year.

CBlue

Thanks Stewdio! I do use plain english because I'm not a programmer or developer. I just play around with stuff and try new things. It's what other people post here that have helped me to learn more too. That's why I come here so much. It's not only to help others but to also see what new things I can learn about here. Alot of it isn't even about XOOPS but about php and MySQL too.

Login

Who's Online

101 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 101

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits