wingls
Which css theme editor is user friendly?
  • 2003/12/17 23:34

• wingls

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/27

Dear All Master,

Would appreciate if any master can enlighten us which so call(?) CSS theme editor is very userfriendly ( for newbie like me ) eg. Dreamweaver or Topstyle or other ???

2nd question is when we want to edit the theme and make it take effect the change, which file ? we should ftp back to our own pc to edit it & upload it back to our site to take effect ? some expert said the theme.html, is it true as when I just use Dreamweaver to edit it & upload back to my site, it seem like didn't change at all???

Plse advise all master.

Have a NICE Day to YOU!

PureLuXus
Re: Which css theme editor is user friendly?
  • 2003/12/17 23:38

• PureLuXus

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/1/3 2

1. topstyle.. the best editor!

2. u have to activate a setting in admin - system - preferences. there is a yes/no option about theme... sorry i cant check out the exact name

wingls
  • 2003/12/18 9:06

• wingls

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/27

Thanks PureLuXus

Would appreciate if you can let me know which file? from my web site should be download to my pc so as use the topstyle to edit it then save it then upload ( ftp ) back to my site again?

Many Thanks to your enlightement! Cheers!

ronhab
  • 2003/12/18 11:05

• ronhab

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/27

The theme.html controls the placement, the style.css controls the colors, widths, etc. within the blocks that the theme.html lays out.

You can find more information on the XOOPS wiki for theme editing. You also have to change the settings in system, preferences, general to "update the theme.html" file. (And then change it back when you are done to not update as that will slow down performance if you leave it on).

HTH.

Login

Who's Online

173 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 173

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits