epiqmail
Problems with most all modules
  • 2003/12/15 21:37

• epiqmail

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/6

I am running XOOPS on Windows with PHP and MySql. I cannot get most of the third party modules to run like ChatMX and Galeria photo gallery.

The modules install without a problem, however, when you click on certain screens, nothing happens.

Do the modules generally work on Windows platforms or is there something special I have to do with permissions, etc?

Please help!

CBlue
Re: Problems with most all modules

Did these modules come with readme or install texts that tell you if you have to chmod certain directories and files on the server side?

Dave_L
  • 2003/12/16 1:09

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

when you click on certain screens, nothing happens

One possibility is that you're clicking on a Javascript link, without having Javascript enabled at your end.

epiqmail
  • 2003/12/16 3:12

• epiqmail

• Just popping in

How do I enable Javascript or know if it is running on IIS? Any help is appreciated!

hsalazar
  • 2003/12/16 3:22

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

epiqmail:

Javascript runs in your browser, not in your Web server. To see if it's active, go to your browser (I'm assuming its MSIE) and in the top options choose "Tools", then select "Internet Options". Once there, click on the tab labeled "Security" and click there on the Internet icon. Scroll down until you see a category called "Active scripting". If it's on "Enable", you can run Javascript scripts.

Cheers.

epiqmail
  • 2003/12/16 3:46

• epiqmail

• Just popping in

Thanks. It is active in my browser. I am thinking it has to be something on my server. I have tried giving full permissions to the PHP directory, the MySQL directory and the MODULES directory and the particular module directory.

For example, I cannot get ChatMX to run or any of the photo gallery modules. They all do the same thing - I can install them and all the admin options work.

When I try to go to them and do anything, I never get past the first screen.

I am running HTTPS for the site and have the IIS server configured for it. All the default modules work like the forums, etc. It is just with some of the third party modules, I cannot get them to work properly.

Help!

hsalazar
  • 2003/12/16 5:26

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

epiqmail:

When everything else fails, it's always useful to turn on PHP debugging. See what kind of message you get when you try to run those modules. Maybe there'll be useful information there.

Cheers.

epiqmail
  • 2003/12/16 5:57

• epiqmail

• Just popping in

I think i figured it out! I think some modules cannot run with SSL turned on on the IIS Server. I had the same problem with flashchat after I bought it for $5 and the author told me it would not run under SSL encryption. I turned off SSL and it worked.

I think most third party modules will not work with SSL. That sucks because my whole site needs to run under SSL.

Any suggestions?

jctsup1
  • 2004/1/2 9:17

• jctsup1

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/5/23

epiqmail -

I could be wrong (wouldn't be the 1st time) & I haven't tested the 2 modules you mentioned under SSL but I can tell you that ChatMX works fine under Win2003 / IIS 6. I spent weeks trying to get the Galeria Module to work & had no success - I would instead suggest the you try myAlbum-P 2.50beta - I know that 1 works like a charm under IIS 5 & 6.

You say you gave full permissions - via the IIS Admin interface or via NTFS? You need to make sure that the IUSR account has read/right/modify/delete permissions (NTFS) as stated in the readme/install files (generally the cache directory).

Hope this helps you out a little - let me know how it turns out.

epiqmail
  • 2004/1/5 8:26

• epiqmail

• Just popping in

Thanks. I will try it!

Login

Who's Online

177 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 177

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits