disky
Articles list in WFsection
  • 2003/12/8 20:33

• disky

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/31

I have a little problem with WFsection.

I would like a webpage where people can see the top 10 entries in all categories.

Sort of like an article overview, so that the user does not have to browse through each category but can se a list of the latest entries in all categories.

Is this possible with WFsection today, or do i need to make a new block for it ?

Best regards
Disky

CBlue
Re: Articles list in WFsection

If you have wfsection installed on your site, go to blocks admin and you will see this block "WF-Section Recent". It will show links to all the latest entries and if you click the edit link to the far right of that block name, you can change the display order, how many articles are displayed and the length of the title characters. You may even be able to display the summary of articles by adding (<{$wfs.summary}>) behind (<{$wfs.new}>). But I haven't tested this so I don't know if it will work. It wouldn't hurt to try though!

disky
  • 2003/12/9 5:50

• disky

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/31

Thanks for the tip.

That block should be able to do it with some changes, because i would like the articles to be grouped for each category, but a little fiddling with the SQL and the PHP should do that :)

Might you know how i get this block to only show on a which is not 1 of the ones displayed in the selection box on the edit block page ?

The user should be able to click on a 'older articles' and get the listed for each category in wfsection.

But this list should not be shown on the frontpage, or when i display a single article and so.

CBlue

I'm not sure if wfsection has an "older articles" or archive section. You can have a more link added to show other articles but I don't know anything other than that to tell you. Catzwolf, maybe the one to help you. Or someone else that knows how this module works.

Login

Who's Online

473 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 473

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits