Ruddle
File Upload in NewBB?
  • 2003/12/8 14:24

• Ruddle

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/10

Does anybody know of a hack of NewBB to allow for file upload? It would be very helpful to upload a document and then discuss it. I guess the only way now is to link it in the original post?

I guess you could use downloads on wfsections and then have the discussion be in comments...

Has anyone encountered this and can offer some insight other than the obvious? Is there another board module with this functionality already built in?

Thanks

ackbarr
Re: File Upload in NewBB?

you could try the Invision Power Board module athttp://www.bbpixel.com/modules/news/. I believe IPB allows for file uploading out of the box.

WF Sections would also work well for this IMO, and would allow you to organize your files into categories if necessary. Of course, you could still do this with IPB, but then you would have extra forums mixed with your standard discussion ones.

Ruddle
  • 2003/12/8 17:35

• Ruddle

• Just popping in

Thanks. I downloaded the IPB and looked through the files. There seems to be a lot of system files, etc, that need to be overwritten. Have you installed this board? Have you run into any problems?

It looks like a nice app.

ackbarr

I have not installed it with 2.0.5, but you are correct, because it ties the IPB authentication with XOOPS, there are several core files that it changes. This means that if a new version of XOOPS is released, you will usually have to wait for a corresponding version of IPB to be released.

Ruddle
  • 2003/12/8 20:42

• Ruddle

• Just popping in

Thanks... I think I'll stay with NewBB and punt!

CBlue

Ruddle, you can post a request for the next version of the newbb module to have file upload capabilities on this thread herehttps://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=14040&forum=4

The developer is asking for all feature requests in that thread.

Ruddle
  • 2003/12/9 3:28

• Ruddle

• Just popping in

I'll do that! Thanks

CBlue

You're welcome! I noticed you posted that request. Hopefully the next version of that module will have that feature you want.

Login

Who's Online

164 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 164

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits