joshbhr
Modules making?
  • 2003/12/6 2:45

• joshbhr

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/1

OK i finally fixed my modules not showing up problem. on to the next one lol.....How woul you go about making and installing modules for the site. Like I want to make some pages with webcams on them and about me pages and pages like that. Any ides on how to do that successfully?

Thanks for your time.

Mithrandir
Re: Modules making?

Check out the wiki on module development

Check out existing modules to see how to implement things. I've used the News module, but WF-Sections has been brought forward as a good example. I pride myself that my Team Module is also using quite a lot of core features like notification.

Play around, see what you can find

And don't hesitate to ask, we love to help

CBlue

You can use the script for a webcam pop up box on this sitehttp://simplythebest.net/info/dhtmscript43a.html and add it to an html page that you intregrate into XOOPS using free content, tiny content or cjay content.

CBlue

I created my about me and legal docs in free content.
http://magazine.crazy4realitytv.com/modules/freecontent/index.php?id=7

AAINC
  • 2003/12/6 6:35

• AAINC

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/10/18

Quote:

MithyT2 wrote:
Check out the wiki on module development

Well...It a bit lacking and outdated...........
Greeter mod........ok

No examples of calling from or adding to MySQL db through smarty.
Been holding off on 4 different projects until I can figure it out. I have them working without using smarty and calling anything from the core files........what a mess.
Really do not like having to rewrite code that is already there for use.

Hey mithy maybe you or someone can make an example mod to call the db using smarty and also to add to db through admin....

PEACE
AAINC

Herko
  • 2003/12/6 8:29

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

I'm not a developer, but I do know that you don't use smarty to make DB calls, but use it to be shown in the templates. But, I agree with you on the documentation part, and we're working on it

Herko

Mithrandir

XOOPS is three parts:

The Classes (Core as well as module files)
The PHP files e.g. in the module's root folder
The SMARTY templates

The PHP files call functions in the classes to e.g. connect to a database, arrange the data and send it to the SMARTY templates, which has ONE purpose: Displaying the page.

Optimally there should ONLY be database calls in the classes and not in neither the other PHP files nor the SMARTY templates

Login

Who's Online

174 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 174

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits