armonic
All I know 'bout blank page after db confirmation during install under *nix environment
  • 2003/11/28 19:54

• armonic

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/5/15

ok dudes,
first of all sorry for my no-fluent rusty english
but it seems I'm italian ;) anyhow...

some people ask my through email (it's a bad way to get in touch with forums my friend...share your knowledge posting help INSTEAD!) something about the problem mentioned in the subject.

remember this post would like to be a solution to the problem and NOT A STEP TO STEP explanation to solve it!

ok, the problem (and i suppose it is one of many others)I solved during XOOPS installation is related to the blank page after db confirmation. This problem was originally posted by VI_Knight (2003/10/4 19:54:02) and the blank page appears because the php code of XOOPS cannot finds support during it's connection to your MySQL db :-\ arghhhh

CHECK IF YOU HAVE A MySQL EXTENSION INSTALLED BEFORE!
PLEASE USE <?php phpinfo();?> in a .php file and run it.

This problem (on my linux box) was caused by a missing MySQL extension under php. If you're using a mandrake distribution like me all you have to do is install the MySQL support for php (i suppose every RPM-working distribution will do it!) :) eheh

But, if you downloaded the php source the only way to solve the problem is to recompile php with MySQL extension support Es.

# ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/php \
--with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs \
--enable-xslt --with-xslt-sablot=/usr/local/sablot --with-dom=/usr/local/libxml \
--with-zlib --with-iconv --with-expat-dir=/usr/local/expat

in this example i'm installing php as a dynamic module for apache with MySQL support and some xml stuff ;)

THAT's all !X!
remeber you can check the documentation related to compiling the source code (www.php.net)

GOOD LUCK MY FRIENDS
SHARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE
IT WILL BE A BETTER WORLD ;)

gmf2000
Re: All I know 'bout blank page after db confirmation during install under *nix environment
  • 2003/12/4 23:07

• gmf2000

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/2

This doesn't solve anything... I have phpinfo() giving me the correct output. I have drupal working, I have exoops working. I've tried apache2 and apache1.3 and I get blank pages on both... The page isn't totally blank as I get the header and footer but nothing else..

Grant

Falcon22
Re: All I know 'bout blank page after db confirmation during install under *nix environment
  • 2003/12/31 22:04

• Falcon22

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/26

My index.php page is blank after install I am new to this and am not that technically oriented here is my hosting informaion;

PHP 4.3.2
MySQL 4.0.13
Apache Core 1.3.28
Xoops Version. 2.0.5.1

Register Globals, on/off? I DONT KNOW!

Xoops URL? Think it is correct
Xoops Path? Think it is correct

The installation seems to work correctly but that blank white page afterwords when I click on the link to the homepage?

Hope there is an easy solution!!!!!!!!!

CBlue

Did you check your mainfile.php to see if it points to the database that you created for xoops? Also, check to make sure you have the right database username and password in there.

CBlue

One more thing...did you install manually or use fantastico?

Falcon22
  • 2004/1/1 22:13

• Falcon22

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/26

My mainfile.php settings look fine, the persistent connection is set to yes but I dont know what that is. I dont know fantastico but I used the XOOPS installation screens to set everyting up and it seemed successful.

But I get a blank white page when going to my XOOPS homepage after installation; index.php

Login

Who's Online

189 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 189

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits