Ace_Armstrong
IP address log?

Is there a way to log the IP addresses of users who post in newbb?

I've got a user who apparently lacks the maturity of the typical two year-old, and I've banned him for blatantly inappropriate conduct, and I'd like to prevent him from creating a new account...or at least make it inconvenient for him to do so. Hence, I'd like to initiate an IP ban on him.

Only problem is...I can only seem to get his IP address when he is online. Any ideas?

kjs222
Re: IP address log?
  • 2003/12/2 23:48

• kjs222

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/3/1 1

poster IP is one of the fields in the bb_posts table... so, if he logs in and posts, you can find his IP from that table.

CBlue

That's right, kjs222. I had to go into my bb_posts table to hunt for a poster's ip address so I could ban him and I found it there. You can use the search feature in phpmyadmin for your XOOPS tables and search for the exact match of words for the topic title that your user posted in and pick bb_posts table as the place to do the search. Then just look for their userid number.

Ace_Armstrong

Thanks guys. That did it!

tom
  • 2003/12/13 6:07

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

Here's a better way to track IP's, this will explain how to put the IP into your forums so only admins can see users ip to a post, and it's very easy took me 2 seconds, lol.

You just gotta insert <{$topic_post.post_poster_ip}> into your newbb_thread.html I did mine as below:

Quote:
<{if $xoops_isadmin || $xoops_ismoderator == true}>

<{$topic_post.post_poster_ip}><{$lang_edit}><{$lang_delete}><{$lang_reply}>

Works a treat.

You can also do the same for any module, just add that ickle bit of code to them

Hope this helps.

Login

Who's Online

923 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 923

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits