shrekit
Fourm in Flat Display
  • 2003/11/28 13:17

• shrekit

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/5/22

Hi there
Can someone help me. I know there must be a possibility but I do not find the settings. Where can I setup my forum to always display the messages flat?

Thanks
www.onlinecity.ch admin

defel
Re: Fourm in Flat Display
  • 2003/11/28 13:23

• defel

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/26

Under Edit Account, set Comments Display Mode to Flat.

On that point I was wondering what's the difference between nested and threaded (I guess it only applies to Comments not forum posts?)

shrekit
  • 2003/12/1 7:20

• shrekit

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/5/22

Hi Defel
Thats exactly that what I've tried, but it really just seems to work for comments. but there mus be a way. Or better to say, I hope there is a way.

Anyway thanks for your help

CBlue

You have to use the comments display option in system admin >general preferences to set the default view for both comments and forums. Set it to flat if you want your forums to show up as flat. Plus all users need to set their comments display to flat because that also effects how the forums are viewed. I set flat on my site and it works.

jgrad
  • 2005/8/7 23:42

• jgrad

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/5 1

Just some clarification if anybody has a similar problem. In the general settings of the system, set comment display to flat. Now this will be the default setting for any new user. Existing users will keep their display mode. They have to manually change it in their own settings.

Login

Who's Online

196 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 196

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits