danielgg
Switching themes problem
  • 2003/11/28 0:34

• danielgg

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/28

Hi: My site worked fine, until I attemped installing another theme. To acomplish that, I unzipped the theme in the themes folder and i gave it chmod -R 775. Well, from this point, my site is not visible, and server takes long, long time to retrieve... nothing! Seems to be a cache problem. In fact, I changed theme once again, (before this time) doing exactly what I describe above, and changes in the layout spent a long time to take effect... I am driving crazy about that ... Can anybody help me? May I access my database and set any defualt value?

Regards

CBlue
Re: Switching themes problem

If you still can't see your site...ftp to your site or go to it through your cpanel and delete the theme you installed. That should revert your site back to the default theme.

CBlue
Re: Switching themes problem

Also, I have never had to chmod any theme that I've installed on my site. What I do is unzip the theme on my home computer and then upload it to the themes folder in my XOOPS site. Then you go to general preferences in system admin and add that theme to your themes that can be chosen to be seen on your site. Then make sure your theme block is visible at least to you and choose the theme you installed and check it out before you do any editing and before you decide whether to make it your default theme or not. That's the safest way to test a theme before you make it public.

If something is wrong with a theme, you can always delete it from your theme folder to get your site back.

Login

Who's Online

97 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 97

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits