batmon
Change files in templates_c ??
  • 2003/11/25 4:44

• batmon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/24

Hello,

Is there any way to edit files under templates_c?? I tried but I don't have the permission to edit these files. I have my site with ISP and only cpanel and FTP is available. I even try chmod under FTP and still has no permissions. Any idea? Seems like unix doesn't understand files that starts with "db%". Thank you.

dirch
Re: Change files in templates_c ??
  • 2003/11/25 5:04

• dirch

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/29

Why do you want to edit the files in template_c?

This are the cachefiles of xoops.

When you want to edit the templates, you have to do it in the templatemanager or in your themesfolder.

The files in template_c are overwriten from time to time by the original files and so a edit is not for a long time

mvandam
  • 2003/11/25 5:05

• mvandam

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/2/7 2

[Edit: you can probably ignore this as two others posted practically the same thing at the same time ]

Is there a reason you want to edit those files? Normally you shouldn't -- these files are created by the smarty template engine used by XOOPS (templates_c holds the templates that have been "compiled" from smarty syntax to regular PHP files). Files in templates_c may be updated whenever you install/update a module. Edit the smarty templates instead.

(Probably your ISP has permissions set so that only the webserver process (e.g. httpd) can read/write those files, so they are not accessible. From my own experience, unix (linux) should have no problems with those file names.)

Per4orm
  • 2003/11/25 5:05

• Per4orm

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/11/14

Hi,

I don't quite know what's led you to believe you'd want to edit any of the files in templates_c, but I certainly can't see a reason for it. The templates_c directory is just a cache directory, so editing any of the files in there has no constructive purpose.

Gareth

Per4orm
  • 2003/11/25 5:08

• Per4orm

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/11/14

mvandam:

That's TWICE I've been beaten to it today - damn you all!

Though I have to admit, your explanation was probably a lot better than mine!

batmon
  • 2003/11/25 19:27

• batmon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/24

Great info. Thanks guys. I guess I should not edit these files then... Basically I want to display other table's info in userinfo.php too. I will ask the question in HACK section then.

Login

Who's Online

243 user(s) are online (169 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 243

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits