Ruddle
Members Module Config Question
  • 2003/11/24 14:48

• Ruddle

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/10

Is there a way to get the members module to display all members by default? We are using XOOPS for a small music ensemble and I would like to display the "memberlist" with all of the members, 10 in all. It is kind of pointless, and an extra step to have members search for other members with 10 people. If this can't be done with the core module, is there another module that would suffice the need? One that has mailing info as well as phone contact info?

Thanks for your direction,
Rick

Ruddle
Re: Members Module Config Question
  • 2003/11/24 14:50

• Ruddle

• Just popping in

Perhaps an addressbook module? Linked into the member list?

chapi
  • 2003/11/24 15:06

• chapi

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/1/22

I think the solution for your problem can be found in the following thread ...

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=9727&forum=20

Herko
  • 2003/11/24 15:07

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

One way of doing this would be to copy the URL shown in the address bar when you're looking at the page you want, then go to system admin->modules and set the xoopsmembers module weight to '0'(this hides the link from the main menu). Now what you have to do is edit the main menu template and add the link you copied from the address bar earlier to the main menu template. That's a rough way, but it should fit your needs fine.

Herko

CBlue

Thanks for that link Chapi! The solution there works great for me!

Ruddle
  • 2003/11/24 17:30

• Ruddle

• Just popping in

Thank you... that was simple enough!

Rick

Ruddle
  • 2003/11/24 17:49

• Ruddle

• Just popping in

OK... now to be a real pain in the...

That fix worked great!

On a side note... I did some searching around in the forums for info about modifying the members form, but with no luck. Lets say I want to add entries to collect address, phone numbers, etc... Do you know of information on editing or hacking the members form? Do I need to get involved with adding columns to the tables also?

Rick

CBlue

I wrote this in another topic that was asking how to modify the user info pages, maybe editing this template file system_userinfo.html would work.

That page seems to be called by the user.php and the edituser.php files. Plus you would need to edit the register.php to add the extra form fields that you want people to fill out.

Login

Who's Online

163 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 163

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits