Raymie
Top Posters Module
  • 2003/11/22 23:38

• Raymie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/23

I just upgraded to XOOPS 2.0.5. Pretty smooth but unfortunately few of the modules transfered over.

Could someone tell mie where to get the Top Posters module (like the one on this site).

Thanks alot all.

Mithrandir
Re: Top Posters Module

That's not a module per se - it's a block you can set visible in blocks admin

tom
  • 2003/11/23 3:01

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

That block is already included in Xoops, you will find it in the blocks section, if it's not assigned then you need to select the no assigned option from the drop down:

admin ---> system admin ---> Blocks

In version 2.0.5 of XOOPS you will see a drop down box, by default it will select 'Registered Member' if this block has not been assigned you need to chose the '#unnassigned' option.

Then bassicly edit the block to show it on site as you would with any other block.

Tip: if you ever struggle finding a block you can always goto:

admin ---> system admin ---> groups

If you have a look down that page you will see all the blocks (they are links) as they would appear on xoops, left, center, right, if you find the block you want to edit then click it and you will be taken to the blocks admin so you can set it live.

I hope this is of help.

Raymie
  • 2003/11/23 3:51

• Raymie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/23

Darn it, I seem to be getting stuck on those easy ones today. Thanks alot.
I did not know that I had to enable the block for a group before it would show up on the Blocks page, ?

kahumbu
  • 2003/11/24 9:57

• kahumbu

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/8/23

I have a minor problem with the Top Posters block admin. How do you unselect an option in the 'Do not display users whose rank is:'?

I have originally selected 'Webmasters' not to show in the Top Posters. Now I changed my mind and want to 'unselect' it. How do I do that? There's no 'none' option in there. Can it be done through the browser or should I go into the DB?

Thanks!

tom
  • 2003/11/24 11:51

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

Hay there.

Go to the blocks admin for top posters, then hold 'ctrl' key on your keyboard and click the group to unselect them, and save changes, this should solve your problem.

Hope this is of help.

kahumbu
  • 2003/11/24 16:46

• kahumbu

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/8/23

It worked! So, it was more of a 'browser usage' problem than a XOOPS problem.

Thanks, tom!

tom
  • 2003/11/24 17:24

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

Well I wouldn't say browser problem, with any box like the one to select de-select, just simple holding the 'CTRL' key allows you to de-select, I use many browsers including Mozilla(/Nertscape) and internet explorer, just simple to make sure content can be viewed by most people.

also as you notice in those kinds of boxs if you had say:

webmaster <--- you don't want to count
registered members
associate members
moderator <--- you don't want to count

normaly you couldn't select both as you would need to select the ones in between, well by holding 'CTRL' you can select each one individualy, if your running windows then try on your desktop to select icons individualy you can't normaly, but if you hold 'CTRL' you can. (Windows is only a example to show you how it works)

Glad I could be of some help.

Login

Who's Online

214 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 214

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits