EGBlacky
Different top page for different groups??
  • 2003/11/24 8:11

• EGBlacky

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/20

Is there a way to change the top page for different groups? I want a certain group (ie. Group A) to start with the News section as the top page. I want another group (ie. Group B) to start with a page with a few custom blocks outlining a few topics I have put in the blocks.

My problem is this.:

Group A sees the News page just fine and dandy since I permissioned that group from seeing my custom blocks placed center-center.

Now Group B sees the center-center custom blocks AND the news. If I restrict Group B from seeing the news, it says you do not have permission to access this page and sends them right to the login screen. Or is there a way of hiding the news stories and just display my custom blocks?

Herko
Re: Different top page for different groups??
  • 2003/11/24 10:07

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

If you make your homepage blocks only (not setting a module as your startpage), then this can be done by creating custom blocks per group and setting them to display for those groups only. Otherwise, this is impossible just yet.

Herko

EGBlacky
Re: Different top page for different groups??
  • 2003/11/24 14:43

• EGBlacky

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/20

Okay.... I don't want blocks only, but I couldn't find another way to do it... so thanks for confirming it!

Login

Who's Online

201 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 201

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits