Anonymous
Can somebody please help me? Block issues.
  • 2003/11/21 18:22

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hello all. I just fell in love with XOOPS and am rather new to it.

Here is the project I am working on:
http://www.politicsforum.com/home/

You see that top block on the left named Columns & Op-Eds?

I need those links to look just like the buttons in the main manue. How can I do this? I am not a coder at all but I am not afraid to edit code if instructions are given. I have installed hundreds of hacks for numerous scripts so I am fine editing if someone tells me how to do it.

Also, once I am done with the site and am ready to go live, can I just copy the whole thing and into my root? Or do I need to reconfigure things? I plan to move the forum to another dir and have XOOPS in the root. Also, how can I change the forum link to point to the vB3 forum as I do not want to use the XOOPS forum as it is too limited.

Also, how can I rename the News button to say PFC Articles & News
and the Submit News to simply Submit ?

Thanks much.

Max

P.S. That site is nowhere nearly done but once it is done the whole PFC site will run on it with the exception of the forum which will be vBulletin 3 and I may move it to another dir.

Anonymous
Re: Can somebody please help me? Block issues.
  • 2003/11/21 18:38

• Anonymous

• Since:

Oh and how do I remove this from the special section which I renamed Columns:

Quote:
Welcome to the Special Sections at Politics Forum - PoliticsForum.Com

Here you can find some cool articles that are not presented on the homepage.

johnwyp
  • 2003/11/21 18:55

• johnwyp

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/3/20

Quote:
Oh and how do I remove this from the special section which I renamed Columns:

Go to the template set manager in your admin menu. There you can clone the entire set of template and edit your cloned set.

In your cloned set, you should see a "Sections" selection with the number of files in parenthesis. Go there and find the main php file and edit that to remove that bit.

Once that is done, you have to change your preferences for your site to use your cloned template.

Hope that helps.

Anonymous
  • 2003/11/22 5:30

• Anonymous

• Since:

Ok thanks. Cany anyone else help me with the rest?

Thanks much!

Max

ozboof
  • 2003/11/22 8:07

• ozboof

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/10/28

Quote:
Also, how can I rename the News button to say PFC Articles & News

You can edit this in the system admin >>> modules just change news thier to PFC Articles & News and hit >> submit.

Anonymous
  • 2003/11/22 11:06

• Anonymous

• Since:

Thanks.

Can someone help me with the rest please?

Anonymous
  • 2003/11/22 14:28

• Anonymous

• Since:

You see that top block on the left named Columns & Op-Eds?

I need those links to look just like the buttons in the main manue. How can I do this? I am not a coder at all but I am not afraid to edit code if instructions are given. I have installed hundreds of hacks for numerous scripts so I am fine editing if someone tells me how to do it.

PureLuXus
  • 2003/11/22 14:50

• PureLuXus

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/1/3 2

you have to edit the section block template..
check the mainmenu template and i think u will know what u have to do.. if not.. just give a sign

Anonymous
  • 2003/11/22 15:02

• Anonymous

• Since:

Sorry but I sure don't. I am new to all this stuff :(

Max

hsalazar
  • 2003/11/22 16:34

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

vB3Dev:

To display your links to the topics with the same style as the main menu, you need to apply those links the same styles. If you take a minute to explore the way the main menu is built, you'll notice you have three different styles:

1) menuTop - applied to the first menu option

2) menuMain - applied to the rest of the options

3) menuSub - applied to secondary optiones

Now. For that menu to appear there, you must have created a custom block. Otherwise you wouldn't have it. So go to this block, and in the link selector to "The Conservative View" add class="menuTop", Then, in the other link selectors add class="menuMain".

That's all.

And, Max, I do resent your comments about the lack of support here. I've been spending countless hours answering literally hundreds of questions here. I've spent more time trying, with the core team, to build a new foundation so XOOPS gets stronger, and believe me: reading comments like the ones you've posted here makes me wonder sometimes if it's worth the effort.

Then again, I can certainly sympathize with your situation. Now let me tell you how it is from this side: I asked for help in the documentation team, an area you mention as sorely lacking. Do you know how many users have offered help? Three. So what we see is a long chain of requests, demands, questions and urges, and every now and then a note of recognition.

This said, I apologize to the community for this rant. I've tried to be as helpful as possible and will continue to do so as long as I feel it's worth.

Cheers.

Login

Who's Online

183 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 183

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits