archie
Re: Adding the group permission feature to your module
  • 2003/10/13 1:03

• archie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/10

Does anyone come here anymore? I would like to know what to edit to put the permissions in for the downloads.

Thanks

brash
  • 2003/10/13 1:53

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Quote:

We plan to use this for most modules and as you may well know, we plan to totally upgrade newbb in the future.

Great news Catzwolf ! Finally some decent usage of XOOPS great group permission feature. Are these changes aimed for a 2.1.0 release? I'm very eager to know inparticular about the permissions for the downloads module as I'm currently looking at transfering all my downloads (major work) to the wmpdownloads module so I can make use of its permissions feature. If permissions are going to be built into the next major release of XOOPS (i.e 2.1.0) then I'll just wait for it as it'll save me a lot of work, as well as ensuring I'm not straying from the XOOPS core too much.

@archie

There is a Downloads module that includes the permissions features you're after. It's called wmpdownloads, but at present there are only Chinese and French language files included with it. As discussed in this thread, I'm more than half way through creating the English language files, and all things been equal should have it available for download on my site by the end of the week.

Catzwolf
  • 2003/10/13 2:02

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

All modules as from 2.1.0 will be updated in one way or another and yes most of these will have the new groupaccess features in someway or another.

I am also working on updating the my_downloads module at the moment, new feature is the ability for admin and user to submit uploads. Finally! LOL

brash
  • 2003/10/13 2:06

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Sounds Great !

Anonymous
  • 2003/11/22 14:36

• Anonymous

• Since:

Sweet!

I would also like to be able to grant members of a certain groupt the permission to approve content etc.

Max

PureLuXus
  • 2003/11/22 14:48

• PureLuXus

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/1/3 2

there is allready a RC1 of the version .. search in the news for mydownload rc1
its a littbit buggy
the next rc ist just around the cornor

fatman
  • 2003/12/19 4:44

• fatman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/13

This is a very good post thanks.

I have a question. If I want to move some admin functions to the frontend of the site so that I can take advantage of Smarty templates, would adding group permission features as outlined here, let me control who has access to the frontend-admin view of module.

Catzwolf
  • 2003/12/19 6:25

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

In a word 'yes'

Brad
  • 2004/3/14 21:47

• Brad

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/12/4

This permission system is great when you just want to say if each category has permission to access a certain category. The key word being "if", as in "yes" or "no".

What about when, in addition to the yes/no's (checkboxes), you'd also like to get a number (textbox) from them? For example, in the xcGallery module, you have a lot of yes/no permissions but then you also have a textbox for the quota that each group is allowed to utilize in disk space.

Am I correct that the current version of the group permissions form only allows for checkboxes? If so, will a future version allow textboxes as well?

Brad
"Future developer of xCMGallery, a Coppermine (Media) Gallery port"

Mithrandir

The group permissions feature is exactly as you described it. Either you have access or you don't.

If you can think up a way (just in words, not necessarily in PHP or xoops-specific code) as to how XOOPS should "know" that it should check the disk space after (or before) each gallery picture upload so it will "know" whether it should allow it or not - then I think it could be an interesting feature. I cannot really think of such a way, though, which will allow for this feature for any kind of module.

Login

Who's Online

157 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 157

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits