SnaKe
Users recieve 'connection refused'
  • 2003/11/20 23:23

• SnaKe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/20

hello

im relatively new to php and i was wondering why users are refused access to XOOPS when they try to connect. im running all the software on my own computer with windows xp pro. software versions are... apache 2.0.48, php 4.3.4, MySQL 4.0.16.
i have a bunch of other portals and forums setup and they are working just fine and users can connect without any problems.

all help is appreciated

ackbarr
Re: Users recieve 'connection refused'

"Connection Refused"? This error is usually displayed by your browser when it tries to connect to your IP address and is not allowed to. This can happen if the ip address for your website name is incorrect, or if the webserver is not responding to requests on port 80.

Have the users that cannot connect to your site to trace the connection to your server with this DOS command:
Quote:
tracert <yourdomain>

So to trace the connection to www.xoops.org it would look like this:
Quote:
tracert www.xoops.org

SnaKe
  • 2003/11/20 23:54

• SnaKe

• Just popping in

come to think of it i should add this additional info...

i installed XOOPS using the default html folder ie. without moving the contents to the document root. would this matter? its all working fine from my end

another thing i should mention is that i got the login error where it just keeps going back to the login screen, but a simple reboot fixed that

SnaKe
  • 2003/11/20 23:59

• SnaKe

• Just popping in

ackbarr... my cable isp has disabled port 80 due to their policy so i changed apache to port 8080 and users can connect just fine to all portals and forums except xoops

example www.site.com:8080/xoops/html/ (xoops/html/ because i used default archive content)

and i have a router/firewall and all server ports including MySQL have full access

jlm69
  • 2003/11/21 0:19

• jlm69

• Module Developer

• Since: 2002/7/19

Not completely sure but this might help.

In the mainfile.php file you need on the following lines:

not sure on a windows server but it would end like this:
define('XOOPS_ROOT_PATH','??????/html/xoops/html');

and this line:

define('XOOPS_URL', 'http://www.website.com:8080/xoops/html');

If you are using a redirection from No-IP or a company like that your XOOPS_URL needs to be what the redirection address is.

Hope this helps.

SnaKe
  • 2003/11/21 0:54

• SnaKe

• Just popping in

thanks jlm it worked. i changed the url to my ddns. XOOPS is the only portal so far to require this if connecting from outside the LAN. only reason i use localhost is so that i dont use bandwidth/data limits to connect to myself

thanks again

Login

Who's Online

148 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 148

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits