NatyN
Newbb forum: some questions (can't formulate better!)
  • 2003/11/19 13:24

• NatyN

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/11

I am using the newbb module now (hopefully some kind soul will reply me in my topic about migration to phpbb....) and have some small but "irritating" problems notifyied by the users .

1. When there is a topic of more than 1 page and you are posting a reply at the end... it brings you back on the first page and not on the page you were before replying. Is there any posisbility to change this?

2. When there is a topic of more than 1 page you can change the page clicking at [1],[2]...... link in the bottom of the page. However this is not really handy as sometimes the page is very big and you have to scroll until you get to the end. Is there a posisibility ot put this [1],[2]...... link at the top of the forum block?

3. Apparently it is the same cookie that manages the "read/unread" topics and that "remembers" your last visit.

So either I have the cookie set for a very long time and all the users see the topics they have alredy read "green" and the new ones "red" but their last visit is marked as something like 2 days ago,

or I put a very short session time for this cookie and yes, the last visit becomes almost OK (just 5 or 10 minutes dfference - depends on my setting obviously), but no record about the read topics anymore. Is there any possibility to have both problems fixed at the same time?

4. the same problem with "read/unread" topics happens if you change the computer. Newbb saves this information in the cookie and it is obviously linked to hte pc , not to the user. (In many other forums it is done differently) . Is it possible ot set this up?

Ufff... Thanks for your patience... and hope somebody will reply!

NatyN
Re: Newbb forum: some questions (can't formulate better!)
  • 2003/11/21 10:14

• NatyN

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/11

Nobody?

Login

Who's Online

149 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 149

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits