ladysham
Getting the hang of this - one more question
  • 2003/11/16 16:30

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/11/11

I'm so excited - This is the first CMS/portal system that I have in any way been impressed with. The ease of use is wonderful.

I have one more question (might not be my last today ). Can I have more than one iMenu on my page? I see the menu navigation on XOOPS and can't figure out how it was done. I'd live to have two or three more divisions in my navigation.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Kelly Ling
http://www.homeschoolyellowpages.com/index.php

ladysham
Re: Getting the hang of this - one more question
  • 2003/11/16 22:15

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

Does anyone have any ideas? Sure could use some help on this! Thanks! )

Kelly

Per4orm
  • 2003/11/16 22:57

• Per4orm

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/11/14

Hi Kelly,

In order for anyone to help you, you're going to need to be a bit more specific about what you're trying to achieve. Give us some examples of the menus that you're trying to display perhaps, or tell us what the "divisions" you want people to access are.

ladysham
  • 2003/11/17 1:37

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

Alright, let me see if I can explain this a little better.

The XOOPS website has a left navigation with main topics of:

Community
General Information
Xoops Wiki
Miscellaneous

The website I have been working on now has:

Community - generated by the system module
General - Using iMenu (links to other PHP areas of the site and another outside site)
Advertise with Us - using tinyconent

I probably need two more blocks using tinycontent - One will be a children's section and the other a miscellaneous section. Both of these can be easily done with tinycontent. But it doesn't appear that tinycontent supports more than one block.

What can I do to add two more menu sections to my website?

Thanks for the input!

Kelly Ling
http://www.homeschoolyellowpages.com/index.php

hsalazar
  • 2003/11/17 6:03

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

Kelly:

If you check carefully the way the index is built in xoops.org, you'll notice that the menu options that open to reveal submenus are all contained in the category "Community". All other options are links. So the category "Community" is handled by Xoops' native main menu.

The other blocks ("General Information", "XOOPS Wiki", "Miscellaneous" and "Who's Online") are built quite easily using custom HTML blocks. To make them look exactly like the main menu options, all you need is to make sure to use the same styles: the class "menuTop" for the first option and the class "menuMain" for the rest of them.

To manage these menus, you'd need to edit the custom blocks. If you want a different kind of control, you can use, instead of iMenu, a variation of it called multiMenu (download it here). This module lets you build four different menu blocks with the same flexibility that iMenu.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Login

Who's Online

219 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 219

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits