MajFast
my first site
  • 2003/11/15 3:02

• MajFast

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/30

Ok guys and gals go easy on me please! This is my first site ever made with Xoops! I like the look but the green personally is hard on my eyes! I would like to tone that down a bit if someone would help me out with that! www.94thna.com

Per4orm
Re: my first site
  • 2003/11/15 3:55

• Per4orm

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/11/14

Would we do anything other than go easy on you? I think the idea is that we're here to help... not slag eachother off!

I have to agree with you with regards to the green being hard on your eyes. I think the main reason for this is that it's presented against a black background. Personally, I'm not a great fan of dark backgrounds, and think that the green (used perhaps slightly more moderately) would work better against a lighter background.

If you tone down the amount of green used, it will also allow you to use a few more colours, which would help brighten the site up a bit. I can see what you're trying to do with the theme, green being a military colour and all, but I think maybe you could do something around the red whites and blues from the flags of Canada and the US?

That said, I think you've done a very good job on putting together a first site which is consistent in design and easitly navigated. My only major criticism would be the speed of the site - I don't know if I just caught it at a bad time, but it seemed to take forever to generate a page.

sunsnapper
Re: my first site

I noted that while you are using xoops, your urls are nesting under a phpnuke subdirectory. Have you considered moving XOOPS to the root of your web server...?

Login

Who's Online

159 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 159

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits