DobePhat
how about a block by recent forum topic?
  • 2003/11/13 23:41

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/15

Hello, I know sounds strange, basically I wanted to have a seperate forum...topic block...so created a private forum...but with the number of users growing it is too much too maintain. This forum topic is basically "off -topic" from the theme of the site......

And, may even be slowing our site down. If I make the private forum "public" it wont show the topics from it in either the recent forum topics or the Private forum block. Thus I have begun the quest...the answer lies somewhere within here I think...

If anyone already has some suggestions I could sure use them...otherwise looks like another hack is coming soon....?

(I have suceessfuly replicate the Recent Forum topics to display in different places for annonymous and registered users....so...hmmmmm)

DobePhat
Re: how about a block by recent forum topic?
  • 2003/11/14 7:26

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/15

hmmmmm
ok well can someone tell me ...

1)If you make a Private Forum "Public" how can you see the latest forum topics? Will the still be in private forum topics? Because they dont show up in the othe Recent Forum Topics....

c Im trying to keep just one forum topic seperate from the entire forum! But I hate manually adding people to the "private Forum", I just like that it has it's own block.....

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Login

Who's Online

239 user(s) are online (190 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 239

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits