Ace_Armstrong
Need a small hack for WF-Channels

I am in need of a small hack for WF-Channels that should be easy to do, but I can't seem to figure it out. What I'd like to do is have all of the submenus from that module show up in the Main Menu at all times, and not just when the module is selected. They don't have to show up as sub-menus, and I would almost prefer it if they showed up as regular menu items.

Anyone got a simple solution to this?

Herko
Re: Need a small hack for WF-Channels
  • 2003/11/13 19:47

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

At the moment it's impossible to have multiple main menu items per module. The only solution would be a custom block, or manually adding the links to the main menu block.

Herko

Ace_Armstrong

Quote:

Herko Coomans wrote:
At the moment it's impossible to have multiple main menu items per module. The only solution would be a custom block, or manually adding the links to the main menu block.

Okay..how do I do that? :)

Actually, I know there's a post around here somewhere on how to accomplish that. A better solution would be to find a way to make the submenus for this module always present, instead of just appearing when the module's main button is hit. Any clues?

sunsnapper

To create a custom block...

After you have created the pages in WFChannel (so that you know what the URL is for each of them)

Got to System Admin | Blocks

And there you can create a custom block.

It can simply be a series of tags linking to your WFChanel pages.

Then, indicate where you want the block displayed, and give access to the desired user groups (System Admin | Groups).

Menu done.

sunsnapper

You could also look at the template code for WFChannel, and find the part that is creating the list of links.

Then you could modify the code so that it is always visible.

Ace_Armstrong

DobePhat
  • 2003/11/13 21:27

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/15

I think and Im not sure here but you may be talking about something we have accomplished on our site.(see profile) The sub menu title Port-info incorperates the wfchannel : uh...channels. To get the Urls I just (after configuring wfchannels) had to actually visit the respective url and copy from address bar.

To create that, simply create a custom block. Using the same tags etc. (but different urls) as are used in the Template/system/mainmenu......

Simply copy a few of those..well wait just a moment Ill snatch em up....

ok Here....

It's the TD and A class that make it appear as the rest of the menu, and will appear based on your css theme.
Choose HTML as the style of block.....

As an alternative (ie:you don't want this in a seperate block)Simply add your urls to the existing template....

Hope that helps!

Login

Who's Online

346 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 346

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits