dreamgear
page-o-blocks
  • 2003/11/11 5:48

• dreamgear

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/7/18

On one of my sites I wanted a page or two that have nothing but blocks on them, no content of their own. So I put together a module called "empty" that is that. It has no templates, and no logic whatsoever. The index.html just includes the header and footer and exits.

This works well! I cloned it and now I have two pages that can contain whatever blocks I define in any combination.

It would be nice if XOOPS would give you a way to create empty modules or "module instances" without resorting to copying/editing files around on the server. Maybe call it a "pasteboard" module?

Anyone else doing anything like this ? Any alternative ways to get the same effect ?

hsalazar
Re: page-o-blocks
  • 2003/11/11 7:32

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

dreamgear:

It's good to know someone has found a way to ease the way we utilize XOOPS for everyday chores. The "empty module" effect has also been used to create homepages built of an aggregation of blocks. This is done by merely not defining a startup module. If you have no startup module, you can still define blocks to appear in the top page. Those blocks will appear in the homepage, with no additional content at all.

Cheers.

dreamgear
  • 2003/11/11 16:38

• dreamgear

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/7/18

Indeed, I started out with no start module defined, but decided I needed two or more such sets of blocks.

Mehdi74
  • 2003/12/10 14:51

• Mehdi74

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/3

Hi DreamGear,
Can you provide your "empty module" for download?
I installed XOOPS and your module seems to be the way to add new pages in xoops. As far as I can tell, the only way to add some regular pages is to add "their equivalent module"... some add empty-module1 and empty-module2 to have to more pages you can use!!!
Is that it?

I really like XOOPS but I think that 1 page per module is extreemly stupid!! OR maybe I'm getting something wrong!!

Cheers

Login

Who's Online

252 user(s) are online (187 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 252

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits