rifraff
Unable to edit custom blocks.
  • 2003/11/5 16:31

• rifraff

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/16

Hello,

On our XOOPS installation, we have a custom block that contains a disclaimer. Today, I was asked to update the disclaimer and found that when I attempt to edit the block, I don't have any options. When the system was deployed, it was under version 2.0.3 and within the last month, I updated it to 2.0.5. Other than editing the database directly, does anyone know how I can update this block? Also, I checked the CHANGES.txt file that came with the patch tarball and didn't see any mention of the support for custom blocks being removed.

Thanks,

Brian Reifsnyder
reifsnyderb@mindspring.com

tjnemez
Re: Unable to edit custom blocks.
  • 2003/11/5 17:41

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

go to sys admin - blocks and at the top make sure you have it set to visible "all" it may be the issue.

rifraff
  • 2003/11/5 18:37

• rifraff

• Just popping in

The block is visible (the setting is all). When I click on "edit", no options appear and I am unable to make any changes.

Thanks

Brian Reifsnyder

Quote:

tjnemez wrote:
go to sys admin - blocks and at the top make sure you have it set to visible "all" it may be the issue.

sunsnapper

I don't know what the solution might be, but, a temporary workaround came to mind if you are pressed for time.

Are you able to create a new custom block? (If you can't, that still would be good to know, as people try to assist with troubleshooting).

If you can create a new custom block, try copying the old disclaimer into a new block. If the disclaimer is mostly straight text, you should be able to pull up the disclaimer in your web browser from your site. If it is HTML instead, you can view source and copy the relevant part into your new custom block.

I know that's not ideal, but, when you are pressed for time, sometimes a workaround is in order.

Hope that helps.

rifraff
  • 2003/11/6 13:31

• rifraff

• Just popping in

Hello,

Unfortunately, I cannot create new custom blocks either. It is as though the custom block feature is no longer supported.

Thanks,

Brian Reifsnyder

Quote:

sunsnapper wrote:
I don't know what the solution might be, but, a temporary workaround came to mind if you are pressed for time.

Are you able to create a new custom block? (If you can't, that still would be good to know, as people try to assist with troubleshooting).

If you can create a new custom block, try copying the old disclaimer into a new block. If the disclaimer is mostly straight text, you should be able to pull up the disclaimer in your web browser from your site. If it is HTML instead, you can view source and copy the relevant part into your new custom block.

I know that's not ideal, but, when you are pressed for time, sometimes a workaround is in order.

Hope that helps.

onokazu
  • 2003/11/6 15:38

• onokazu

• XOOPS Founder

• Since: 2001/12/13

Try php and/or MySQL debug. Any error when trying to create a new custom block?

rifraff
  • 2003/11/6 15:59

• rifraff

• Just popping in

Hello,

In the Blocks Administration page, I don't have the option to add any custom blocks at the bottom of the screen. I checked with a test install of version 2.0.3 and the section of the screen to add a block exists. As a test, I applied the patch to go from version 2.0.3 to version 2.0.5 and the section to add new blocks disappeared. I hope this helps.

Regards,

Brian Reifsnyder

Quote:

onokazu wrote:
Try php and/or MySQL debug. Any error when trying to create a new custom block?

onokazu
  • 2003/11/6 17:11

• onokazu

• XOOPS Founder

• Since: 2001/12/13

Try php debug. There should display some error messages fi something is really wrong on that page

rifraff
  • 2003/11/6 18:09

• rifraff

• Just popping in

Hello,

I checked the php.ini file and made sure that all debugging options are on. There was no change.

I was not aware of a php debug program. Could you post a URL so I can download a copy?

Thanks,

Brian Reifsnyder

Quote:

onokazu wrote:
Try php debug. There should display some error messages fi something is really wrong on that page

rifraff
  • 2003/11/12 17:28

• rifraff

• Just popping in

Hello,

Ok, I just realized that XOOPS has a built-in debugging system. (Oops!) Anyhow, I enabled the system and did not receive any error messages.

Thanks,

Brian Reifsnyder

onokazu wrote:

Login

Who's Online

159 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 159

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits