nuker
problem accessing groups from admin
  • 2003/10/27 18:00

• nuker

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/12/14

hello!

i imported the xoops_users table from 1.3.9 into 2.0.5 by modifying the fields in the old database to match the changes in new database. this also required the addition of the 2 new fields.

the import went well and it works.

next was importing the xoops_groups_users_link table to match the users to their respective groups. to make this work, i had to add the "linkid" field in old table so that the data would import to the new table.

all users can login with their old logins and passwords, and previous newsposts appear with the appropriate authors displayed.

however, i just noticed that now i cannot access the registered users group from the control panel.

i am logged in as administrator, and can do admin things. i can access all other groups, except the Registered users group. when i try, the page is completely white.

what did i do wrong?

domifara
Re: problem accessing groups from admin
  • 2003/10/28 0:05

• domifara

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/11

Quote:
nuker wrote:
next was importing the xoops_groups_users_link table to match the users to their respective groups. to make this work, i had to add the "linkid" field in old table so that the data would import to the new table.
i am logged in as administrator, and can do admin things. i can access all other groups, except the Registered users group. when i try, the page is completely white.
what did i do wrong?

I have also done same operation.
maybe?
xoops_groups_users_link ,xoops_users ,xoops_groups :
Which is it? table data unmatch

You can try some do.
------
If you want to data "linkid" check.
>>Table logical check for xoops2<<
this checker's display -> you can do .It carries out using phpMyAdmin --> EDITor ADD , change data.
----------------
or
Registered users group data all delete from xoops_groups_users_link
(except the admin users group)
It carries out using phpMyAdmin
It deletes at once from xoops_groups_users_link.
for example
DELETE * from xoops_groups_users_link where groupid = 2 ;
(the Registered users group is groupid = 2.maybe?)
and
add all from group control panel

nuker
  • 2003/10/28 13:46

• nuker

• Not too shy to talk

i thought this worked, but it didn't.

when i delete the table data in xoops_groups_users_link, i can access the registered users properties again.

once i add all the users back to this group, i'm back to where i was. the screen turns white after i click submit and i can no longer edit the Registered users group properties.

i also dropped the table and recreated it again. the same thing happens when i add all the users.

help!

ackbarr

after adding in all your users to the registered group and getting the white screen, turn on php debug mode. Then try to edit the registered group again. More than likely this will give you a error message.

nuker
  • 2003/10/29 15:31

• nuker

• Not too shy to talk

what i started to do is add the users to the registered group individually to see if there was a particular user that was causing the group admin for registered users to "blank out".

i have found severl users that would cause the group admin (for registered users only!) to blank out. but what i found that worked is if i delete the last entry (from phpmyadmin) i can refresh the page, then re-add the user and contintue.

however, now i am at 170 users (out of 192) and any user i add will cause the screen to blank out.

i don't understand why i can't just import the groups_users_link from the old version into the new one.

ackbarr

did you try turning on php debugging? That would help troubleshoot what the problem is.

nuker
  • 2003/10/29 15:43

• nuker

• Not too shy to talk

php debuggin through the XOOPS pref's, right?

if so, when i enable it and go through the steps again of adding users to the registered users group, i get a page not found after i click 'add'.

domifara
  • 2003/10/30 9:41

• domifara

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/11

Quote:
nuker wrote:
php debuggin through the XOOPS pref's, right?

Isn't it displayed "php debug Message" on your screen?

Quote:
nuker wrote:
i thought this worked, but it didn't.
when i delete the table data in xoops_groups_users_link, i can access the registered users properties again.

Did you?
systems dmin >>Edit Groups>>Registered users group
>>Edit Members of this Group >> all user add from listbox.

You should not do import the groups_users_link from the old amusing data into the new one.

Login

Who's Online

96 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 96

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits