Shufflebug
wfsections - Comments visible for everyone
  • 2003/9/9 10:19

• Shufflebug

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/6/19

Hi all,

in the module wfsection, when I add a comment to an article that is restricted to specific user groups, the 'recent comments' block of the XOOPS system also displays the comment for users that don't belong to one of the groups specified in the articles section.

If the user klicks the comment link, he get's an error message saying that he is not permitted to view the article.

How can you exlude those wfsection comments in the 'recent comments' block from being displayed to users, not belonging to one of the user groups specified in the corresponding section ??

Thanks in advance !

Shufflebug

Catzwolf
Re: wfsections - Comments visible for everyone
  • 2003/9/9 13:00

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Quote:

Shufflebug wrote:
Hi all,

in the module wfsection, when I add a comment to an article that is restricted to specific user groups, the 'recent comments' block of the XOOPS system also displays the comment for users that don't belong to one of the groups specified in the articles section.

If the user klicks the comment link, he get's an error message saying that he is not permitted to view the article.

How can you exlude those wfsection comments in the 'recent comments' block from being displayed to users, not belonging to one of the user groups specified in the corresponding section ??

Thanks in advance !

Shufflebug

I see what you mean, I will sort this for the next version. I will post a fix for you here ASP

limecity
  • 2003/9/9 13:20

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

Just asking..
which site has already implement the new wf-section.
I want to see how it looks like
Thanks~

Shufflebug
  • 2003/9/10 13:43

• Shufflebug

• Just popping in

Hi Catz,

did you think of the links to wfsection articles displayed in userinfo.php ? A link to an article that is restricted to specific user groups should logically be displayed only to users that belong to one of the groups.

I couldn't verify it myself yet, because on my productive site anonymous users are able to use the systems member search, but are not able to display the detail view of a user. I don't know yet what this problem is related to.

regards

Shufflebug

Shufflebug
  • 2003/10/6 11:13

• Shufflebug

• Just popping in

bump ! Anything new about this one ?

Catzwolf
  • 2003/10/6 11:57

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Sorry m8,

Been caught up with a 100 and 1 other things.

There is no way that you can hide these comments, as these are handled by the core and not WF-Section. Even if the article is limited to a user group.

I will talk to Kazu and maybe the new groupaccess can handle this.

ukandrewf
  • 2003/11/24 0:56

• ukandrewf

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/2

I'm not even seeing a way for users to comment on wfsection articles - any ideas why?

thanks

Andrew

Login

Who's Online

191 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 191

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits