lykoszine
Re: Need Help With Random Quote Module
  • 2003/7/9 23:36

• lykoszine

• Module Developer

• Since: 2002/1/2 2

Hmm, after looking at this in a bit more detail I realise that this approach will not work.

I fact the only way that Ican think of to do it is to move the php code to every module page, which is not practical...

Sorry.

cardo
  • 2003/7/10 0:01

• cardo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/5/22

No need to be sorry. I really appreciate you trying to help. I figured there would be a way to do this like you can in PostNuke. With PostNuke using either AutoTheme or nucleiblocks you can put a block pretty much anywhere on the screen and it would appear on every page if you configured it correctly. Oh Well...

eggmcmuffin

Hi, I'm the creator of the module, and I know some bugs.

Check if you deleted any item. The module has a bug that need that all the 'quotes' need to be correlated, and begining form the position 1.

I'll review it in the next version. Meanwhile, there is a modified version of this module in the download section of this site.

Hope this help.

cardo
  • 2003/7/11 2:31

• cardo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/5/22

Hi eggmcmuffin,

Are you planning on making this module so you can place it in a location similar to where I want it on my own site? I basically want the quote to act as a slogan that is random. So instead of residing in a normal block I simply want to have it within a cell.

You can can see what I am looking for at here:

http://www.beavercheese.com/beaverproto

The text in quotes below the words Beaver Cheese is what I'm looking for. I can do this easily in PostNuke using Autotheme and the built in Quotes module but apparently I cannot do this in XOOPS. I know it sounds like a small thing, but it is something that I really want on my site and aside from that and some other template related concerns XOOPS is really what I would rather run.

Thanks,

Rich

eggmcmuffin

I understand, but I'm not think to make this now. The quote will showed in a block.

evylrat
  • 2004/6/22 17:38

• evylrat

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/25

is this what you're after?

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=14795&forum=16

Just added that to my site.

Login

Who's Online

230 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 230

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits