Ragsman
center blocks order
  • 2003/5/2 1:25

• Ragsman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/24

I have 2.0.2 running, with news set as home, and Recent Topics set as center block center. Recent topics always appears above the news, no matter what weight I give it, unless I'm using Easy Theme (from www.cowgar.com)

I like the way easy theme lets me place the center blocks below the news, but is this an anomily? Can I place news above the Recent Topics in the default themes?

Thanks

ukandrewf
Re: center blocks order

question on a similar topic...

I'm sure that in XOOPS 1.3.x the center center blocks used to appear above center left/right. But now in XOOPS 2.0.3 it seems that it's the other way round. Is there anyway to get center, center blocks appearing at the top of a page which also contains center left/right content?

chapi
  • 2003/7/7 9:54

• chapi

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/1/22

This is defined in your theme.html! Edit it to get what you want. The x2t theme has an alternative theme.html included, which will change the blocks order ...

ukandrewf

couldn't find the alternative theme.html could you send/point me to it?

thanks

ROT
  • 2003/7/8 11:25

• ROT

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/13

if you look in the theme.html file -- you'll see where it's commented "center-center" "center-left" and "center-right".

All you gotta do is cut the "center-center" code and paste it above the "center-left/right"

Panos
  • 2003/7/8 11:50

• Panos

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/3/20

I've finally found the answer to the question that's been bothering me for a long time! Thanks ROT_5 and chapi!!

Ingemar
  • 2004/5/18 20:26

• Ingemar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/18

Interestingly enough I'm running into the same problem as ragsman, but looking in theme.hmtl doesn't really help me.

I got news setup as home and add blocks to go along. But I want news to be displayed first. In blocks I can set weight to order, but it doesn't include the news item.

Looking in theme.html I see tables for different items, but I don't see anything for news.

As far as my understanding goes about html/php first the headers are displayed, it's basically the menu on the left, then center items, then center-left & right and the footer.

If you want me to quote the whole theme.html file I will, just let me know but I'm not sure if the problem is in there.

[rambling_mode]
Why isn't there a block that simply quotes 1 choosen news item or the latest one? It only gives links to news items posted....
[/rambling_mode]

I would appreciate any help,
Ingemar.

Mithrandir

Look for Spotlight to accomplish a solution to your rambling. It highlights one news item in a block which is very suitable for a center-center block. I use it myself on Clan Modules.

In theme.html you will not have an area dedicated to news because the news themselves are a module output, which is in the theme variable <{$xoops_content}>

So if you want certain blocks below the module output, you should take the blocks code and move it to after the <{$xoops_content}> section

Ingemar
  • 2004/5/19 5:05

• Ingemar

• Just popping in

Muchos gracias amigo!

I'm gonna try out both of your suggestions.

Ingemar.

Ingemar
  • 2004/5/19 6:20

• Ingemar

• Just popping in

Oke ....

I installed and configured spotlight, I configured it to stack items (not 2 columns), and no image. Yet it leaves half of the column empty where the image should be, regardless of an image size or wether if an image is choosen or not.

I even created an empty image (size 1x1), uploaded and used that. In configuration I specified an image size of 1x1 or 0x0 all to no avail.

I do not want to use an image and I want the news item to be displayed complete (not just the first few lines) and it should use the full width of space available.

The item is placed center-center.

Is this at all possible?

Again, thanx for any help,
Ingemar.

Login

Who's Online

256 user(s) are online (183 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 256

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits