codefantom
Where do I make cosmetic changes at
  • 2013/6/24 16:45

• codefantom

• Just popping in

• Since: 2013/6/19

I know i can do cosmetic changes with the theme and the different css for each module. but I'm trying to confirm that the template files can also be modified to change or remove items from the each module and the overall portal. Is there any other files that can or have to me modified to see the necessary changes I make?

codefantom
Re: Where do I make cosmetic changes at
  • 2013/6/29 3:00

• codefantom

• Just popping in

There has to be another place to make changes besides the template files. I have deleted small sections from within these files because they don't fit the purpose of what my site is for and they still show up on the website.

I have gone into the admin maintenance section and deleted all the cache.

I have gone manual onto the server and deleted all the contents from all 3 cache directories inside the cache folder. (smarty_cache, smarty_compile, and xoops_cache)

I have deleted the cache from my browser as well.

And I have tested it on IE, Firefox and Chrome to see if there are any differences.

What am I missing? What is there left to change?

From wfdownloads_newlistindex.html I have deleted lines 3-13 (wfd_newlist_top) and that still appears on the newlist.php page.

I did the same for the recommend link on the wfdownloads_download.html
and wfdownloads_singlefile.html templates but when that still showed I just deleted the text from the main.php file inside the language directory. A dirty hack but I can't seem to solve this problem.

And another of my dirty hacks is on the wfdownload_index.html template. I deleted lines 31-48 to remove the 4 download images but again I ended up removing the text from the main.php and replaced the images with blank spacers.

I need a real solution to this problem if anyone can help.
ANY... suggestions or direction might lead me to a solution.

Tarik
  • 2013/6/29 11:37

• Tarik

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2010/2/3 1

are you changing the ones from the template folder in the module? if so check the modules folder in your theme if there is templates of wfdownloads that override the original ones

codefantom
[Solved]Where do I make cosmetic changes at
  • 2013/6/29 13:11

• codefantom

• Just popping in

Wow tarik,
I didn't know that the module was pulling the template files from the them.
That was the problem. You just solved 80 hours worth of attempts in 5mins.
Thanks for responding.

Tarik
  • 2013/6/29 14:59

• Tarik

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2010/2/3 1

template override is a nice feature that let you change the way the module show content based on the theme without changing anything in the module, and its quite handy when, working on local and uploading to host since you will just upload the theme folder instead of searching and uploading each updated template manually,
it surely made me pull my hair back then too XD but its very simple

biomech
  • 2013/7/11 2:57

• biomech

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/2/25

I have a similar question -

I'm using the ipb_blue_2 theme with the xContent module ("Advanced Multilingual Content Module"). I want to change the right margin of the story/article text and also make it so that the text doesn't re-align itself when I shrink the browser window.

Example:
On the ipb_blue_2 demo page, here:
http://themes.xoops.org/index.php?xoops_theme_select=ipb_blue_2

When you shrink the browser window, the text re-aligns. I want it to stay fixed/static. Any idea how I can do this? I've tried editing what I think is the right template file, but can't get it to change...

Cheers,

- b -

Login

Who's Online

156 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 156

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits