Anonymous
Module won't install
  • 2013/2/13 16:09

• Anonymous

• Since:

I have a strange issue with the module installer (xoops 2.5.5/ latest extgallery). I installed extgallery and uninstalled it/ renamed the dirname and did some other things I don't remember....

Now I am not able to reinstall the module again. The module installer only shows there is a module I could install but this seems an empty one. When trying to install it fails by telling the module is installed already...

I searched in the database but could not find any trace of code left by an extgallery install. Help!

Mamba
Re: Module won't install
  • 2013/2/13 16:14

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

The only similar situation that has happened to me was when, for whatever reason, there were left few tables from a module in the DB, and therefore I couldn't install it again.

So check in extGallery exactly what tables it was installing, and check if they are still there, and if yes, delete them.

Otherwise I don't know - are there any other error messages coming up?
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Anonymous
  • 2013/2/13 16:33

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
Melding: Constant _MI_EXTGALLERY_ALBUM already defined in bestand /modules/extgallery/language/nederlands/modinfo.php regel 76

Is the only debug message I see on the installer page. The page itself shows a module without any identification...

I checked the database for extgallery tables, there is none. I did also a search for extgallery, no result...

Mamba
  • 2013/2/13 16:44

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Are you sure that you don't have two folders with extGallery, but under different names?

I think, something is messed up with folders.

You can also try to repair your Database - maybe there are some issues there.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Anonymous
  • 2013/2/13 17:19

• Anonymous

• Since:

There where more extgallery folders for troubleshooting, now there is just one... I wiped all caches, repaired the database...

Anonymous
  • 2013/2/13 17:36

• Anonymous

• Since:

Pff, I found the problem! xoops_version.php was screwed up...

xoobaru
  • 2013/2/13 19:39

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

Quote:

The only similar situation that has happened to me was when, for whatever reason, there were left few tables from a module in the DB, and therefore I couldn't install it again.

I have had this happen with other previously uninstalled>>reinstalled modules of other kinds as well.

Login

Who's Online

362 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 362

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits