bladibella
problem with module News !!! help me
  • 2013/2/4 20:35

• bladibella

• Just popping in

• Since: 2012/4/4 1

Hi,

I have a site xoops news, for over a year, I have a little problem, I think we all have this problem,

in the news module, Does not exist a block that allows you to display the most read news a day or a week or a month, but you only have one choice, that is the most read articles always, is there any solution?

thanks

xoobaru
Re: problem with module News !!! help me
  • 2013/2/5 2:50

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

Hi,
There is a "Top News" block that can be configured to order articles by number of hits. If when you create an article under the "Post/Edit News" tab in news admin options, there is a expiration date you can set for that article at the bottom.

The Top News block should then display all articles in order of their number of hits (popularity), until the expiration date you set unpublishes the article(s).

irmtfan
  • 2013/2/5 4:33

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

Yes this feature is really missing in news for ages.

It would be easy to add a "time period" to news module.
I mean not just for blocks but for rendering any content like news in index page or news in a "Story topic"

@xoobaru: if he do what you say users cannot see/read those old news. he want to have this option just to emphasis the recent "top news"

xoobaru
  • 2013/2/5 13:12

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

Xpressme is a WordPress based news module (blog) which has a popular posts block, however the English used to describe it setup parameters makes it difficult to understand the designers intent. Appears to be a monthly setup with a date and time. The module is more complicated to install and set also. It may also be more vulnerable to WordPress based attacks.

Login

Who's Online

186 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 186

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits