Peekay
Re: New test version of news module
  • 2011/12/27 15:00

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Yes, I agree with DCrussader, 'News' is a well established Xoops module. Using the same name is going to be confusing if you plan to promote this on XO. Not sure if it might also cause DB problems if someone installs it alongside the existing News module?

IMHO this should be Fmcontent x.x.x (Voltan) to show you have upgraded Fmcontent. This will also be better for existing Fmcontent users who will be able to see they have a new version to try, even if there is no upgrade script.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

voltan
  • 2011/12/28 17:53

• voltan

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/12/5

@Peekay and DCrussader

Yes this is fmcontent module. I needed add new options in news module for one old website whit more than 70000 news and some other new websites. I try update news module and add some needed options but I see news module stauncher is to old and it hard for work. I change fmcontent name to news for juts my projects and I want add all of important news options on this module for myself.

I do not recommend to any person to use this module as stable module. It's just personal project for our customers websites. but if other people interested to development this module we can ready this module for xoops users and we will add update script for old news versions

Mamba
  • 2011/12/28 19:01

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
I change fmcontent name to news for juts my projects and I want add all of important news options on this module for myself.

I still think that the best way would be to continue with fmContent as a name, but add "Cloning" capability as Publisher has, and then you could clone this module for your customer into "News"

BTW, I would love to have every XOOPS module clonable. Could anybody come with some easy instructions on how to do it?
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

redheadedrod

Quote:

Mamba wrote:

BTW, I would love to have every XOOPS module clonable. Could anybody come with some easy instructions on how to do it?

+1
Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

voltan
  • 2011/12/29 8:13

• voltan

• Theme Designer

This module can be clone but all clones use one DB.

for other content module we can change module name but id and item pages have different titles and we must select just one link type. I think news link type is the best

Mamba
  • 2012/1/5 17:35

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Would it be possible to replicate the functionality from Publisher, where you clone the tables as well, so you practically have a new module?

That would be very helpful.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

voltan
  • 2012/1/10 9:15

• voltan

• Theme Designer

@ Mamba

I will check it. I like do it if possible.

I work on this version and add some other options from news module. I hope some person help me to test.

At this moment upgrade script from version 1.66 is available but it still not complated

jcweb
  • 2012/1/10 15:50

• jcweb

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/4/25

Hi voltan
Did you see the bus reports at the article of the fmcontent module?
https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=6150

Greets

Login

Who's Online

211 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 211

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits