Technicum
Blank admin page due upgrade 'stuck'
  • 2011/10/24 17:42

• Technicum

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/9/6 5

Dear xoops'ers,

Last week i tried to update my xoops site from 2.4.5 to 2.5.3. I followed the guide in the user guide pdf. But i guess i used the wrong one. Instead of just updating the System module, i used the upgrading method. Using the "upgrade" folder.

Before attempting to update/upgrade i closed my website through the Control Panel. After that, followed the upgrade-with-upgrade-folder guide in the user guide. This worked out to giving me an xoops screen, where it displayed some things which needed updating en some things which were fine as is.

So i clicked the 'proceed to upgrade' button, got through a couple of steps, and in the end, where it should update from 2.4.5 to 2.5.3 it got a kind of 'stuck'. Meaning when i clicked the 'proceed to upgrade' button, it takes me to "XOOPS sytem upgrade, Performing upd-2.4.x-to-2.5.0 upgrade" and when i click the finish button, it takes me back to the previous page :S.

I just tried to access my site after that, and i got the "website closed" screen, but 'cause i'm the admin i can still login, though. Everything works fine, except when i try to access the Control Panel, i only get a white screen, on every cPanel page.

I don't actually know what to do know.

I already searched for a solution, but the results i got, wheren't not like my problem.

Anyone out there familiar with my situation?

My system:
- PHP 5.3.6
- Webmin 1.530
- Apache 2.2.15
- MySQL Client Version: 5.1.46

Mamba
Re: Blank admin page due upgrade 'stuck'
  • 2011/10/24 19:49

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Try to clear your cache files and see if this makes any difference.

You can also change the setting for "closed/open" Website directly in the database using phpMyAdmin. Go the config table and look for "closesite" in the "conf_name", and change the conf_value to 0
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Technicum
  • 2011/10/24 20:06

• Technicum

• Just popping in

"Clear your cache files". Guess you're meaning my internetcache files, aren't you? I cleared those, but without any results.

Thanks for your second tip :)! I'll try to install PHPMyAdmin to access my DB. Right now i'm running Webmin to access my database, but i can't find the table you're talking about.

So, i will install PHPMyAdmin and try to turn my website back on, so the users can make use of it ;).

Mamba
  • 2011/10/24 20:32

• Mamba

Quote:
"Clear your cache files". Guess you're meaning my internetcache files, aren't you? I cleared those, but without any results.

Delete all files, except "index.html" in following directories:

/xoops_data/caches/smarty_cache
/xoops_data/caches/smarty_compile
/xoops_data/caches/xoops_cache

Once have access to the Admin Control Panel, you can do it directly there. See the XOOPS Operation Manual for more information.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Technicum
  • 2011/10/26 21:18

• Technicum

• Just popping in

Alright, i've tried what you said about clearing the caches. Unfortunately it didn't happen to make any difference.

Afterwards i tried to install PHPMyAdmin, without any success. My webserver is running Mandriva, so i had to install it through URPMI. During installation it seemed to doing fine, but when i know try to reach localhost/phpmyadmin it just says me:
"Access denied per /etc/path/to/phpmyadmin/folder/phpmyadmin.conf"

So, i removed phpmyadmin again, and tried to reach by database through Webmin.
This way i am able to reach my database. So i clicked on "nannies_xoops" (database name) and there are some pulldown menu's with table names.

I FINALLY found out how to work with the MySQL Section of Webmin. I got deeper into the tables and was able to turn my site back on (first thanks! :)) and also i was able to enable the debugging mode (second thanks! :)).
Now, going to my /admin.php debugging spits out the following lines:

Unknown: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in bestand /modules/smartobject/include/functions.php regel 479
Unknown: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in bestand /modules/smartobject/include/functions.php regel 646
Unknown: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in bestand /modules/smartobject/include/functions.php regel 740
Melding: Use of undefined constant _MI_MYDOWNLOADS_FORM_DHTML - assumed '_MI_MYDOWNLOADS_FORM_DHTML' in bestand /modules/mydownloads/xoops_version.php regel 223
Melding: Use of undefined constant _MI_MYDOWNLOADS_FORM_COMPACT - assumed '_MI_MYDOWNLOADS_FORM_COMPACT' in bestand /modules/mydownloads/xoops_version.php regel 224
Melding: Use of undefined constant _MI_MYDOWNLOADS_FORM_SPAW - assumed '_MI_MYDOWNLOADS_FORM_SPAW' in bestand /modules/mydownloads/xoops_version.php regel 225
Melding: Use of undefined constant _MI_MYDOWNLOADS_FORM_HTMLAREA - assumed '_MI_MYDOWNLOADS_FORM_HTMLAREA' in bestand /modules/mydownloads/xoops_version.php regel 226
Melding: Use of undefined constant _MI_MYDOWNLOADS_FORM_KOIVI - assumed '_MI_MYDOWNLOADS_FORM_KOIVI' in bestand /modules/mydownloads/xoops_version.php regel 227
Melding: Use of undefined constant _MI_MYDOWNLOADS_FORM_FCK - assumed '_MI_MYDOWNLOADS_FORM_FCK' in bestand /modules/mydownloads/xoops_version.php regel 228
Melding: Use of undefined constant _MI_MYDOWNLOADS_FORM_TINYEDITOR - assumed '_MI_MYDOWNLOADS_FORM_TINYEDITOR' in bestand /modules/mydownloads/xoops_version.php regel 229
Melding: Use of undefined constant _MI_MYDOWNLOADS_ADMENU1 - assumed '_MI_MYDOWNLOADS_ADMENU1' in bestand /modules/mydownloads/admin/menu.php regel 27
Melding: Use of undefined constant _MI_MYDOWNLOADS_ADMENU6 - assumed '_MI_MYDOWNLOADS_ADMENU6' in bestand /modules/mydownloads/admin/menu.php regel 37
Melding: Use of undefined constant _MI_TDMDOWNLOADS_BNAME5 - assumed '_MI_TDMDOWNLOADS_BNAME5' in bestand /modules/TDMDownloads/xoops_version.php regel 96
Melding: Use of undefined constant _MI_TDMDOWNLOADS_BNAMEDSC5 - assumed '_MI_TDMDOWNLOADS_BNAMEDSC5' in bestand /modules/TDMDownloads/xoops_version.php regel 97
Melding: Use of undefined constant _MI_TDMDOWNLOADS_IMGFLOAT_LEFT - assumed '_MI_TDMDOWNLOADS_IMGFLOAT_LEFT' in bestand /modules/TDMDownloads/xoops_version.php regel 196
Melding: Use of undefined constant _MI_TDMDOWNLOADS_IMGFLOAT_RIGHT - assumed '_MI_TDMDOWNLOADS_IMGFLOAT_RIGHT' in bestand /modules/TDMDownloads/xoops_version.php regel 196
Melding: Use of undefined constant _MI_TDMDOWNLOADS_DOWNLOADFLOAT_LTR - assumed '_MI_TDMDOWNLOADS_DOWNLOADFLOAT_LTR' in bestand /modules/TDMDownloads/xoops_version.php regel 355
Melding: Use of undefined constant _MI_TDMDOWNLOADS_DOWNLOADFLOAT_RTL - assumed '_MI_TDMDOWNLOADS_DOWNLOADFLOAT_RTL' in bestand /modules/TDMDownloads/xoops_version.php regel 355
Waarschuwing: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "/modules/system/themes/oxygen/theme.html" in bestand /class/smarty/Smarty.class.php regel 1093

Anything you can make out of it?

Now my website is accessible for the public en the debugging is turned on, there happens to be a new issue. I have to login twice. At first attempt it says "Thanks for inlogging + the redirecting message" and then redirects me back to the login page. At second attempt, it just goes fine. And this happens any time now. You jsut have to login twice, before you get the access to the website :S.
I tried another theme, the standard zetagenesis, and still got the same problem.

Technicum
  • 2011/10/31 10:00

• Technicum

• Just popping in

Anyone?

Mamba
  • 2011/10/31 10:28

• Mamba

Try to repair your database. With phpMyAdmin is very easy to do, but with your host, I am not sure.

Suggestion: switch to a more standard Host that can give you phpMyAdmin as part of your setup. This way you can benefit from our common knowledge here.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Technicum
  • 2011/10/31 10:30

• Technicum

• Just popping in

Hmm. I guess i'm going to try again to get phpMyAdmin working, as i'm running my own server here at home :).

I'll try that, and you'll hear from me soon.

Thanks for the advice!

easyb9
  • 2011/10/31 21:43

• easyb9

• Just popping in

• Since: 2011/8/10

any suggestion about standard host for xoops?
cause sometimes protector doesnt working with some host..

Mamba
  • 2011/10/31 21:48

• Mamba

All major Host companies should be OK.

We use as our host provider for XOOPS Surpass Hosting, and are very happy with them.

Due to this positive experience with them, I have transferred my private Websites to their VPS solution, and am very happy with their service.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Login

Who's Online

193 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 193

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits