xoopdio
Cannot change modules name
  • 2011/9/29 10:06

• xoopdio

• Just popping in

• Since: 2011/9/27

Hi

Its a new 2.5.1 install and I get some weird behaviours I am not sure where they come from (I didn't want to open a topic for each but if moderators prefer please tell) :

First, I can't change modules names : I follow the Faq but when it says :
7- Check the new red entreies and if correct, click go again at bottom.
I have no red or any entry to check ?
The interface just says : "Check all modifications for validate" with nothing under ?

Second, avatar won't appear. As I am a newbie to xoops, Im not sure where they supposed to appear on the interface but each time I come back on the avatar menu in the "edit profile", "none" is selected. As in the avatar menu, no user uses this avatar - for those who saw my previous post on avaman ( Xoops forum ), both way (module or official) to insert them in the database do insert them but it won't stuck ?

I got the feeling the 2 problems are related as but I really don't know where to look.

Thank you

zyspec
Re: Cannot change modules name
  • 2011/9/29 12:48

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

xoopdio,

The first problem with changing the module name appears to be a re-occurrance of bughttp://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3249802&group_id=41586&atid=430840. The developers believe this has been fixed in the 2.5.2 RC release. Hopefully they're right and once it is ready for production you'll be able to verify that it works for you. If you need this 'immediately' for a production site I'd recommend you go back to a 2.4.x release until the 2.5.2 version is released.

I believe the avatar problem has also been fixed in the 2.5.2 release - it was reported in the SourceForge bug tracker athttp://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3403568&group_id=41586&atid=430840

Hope this helps.

redheadedrod

get a copy of the 2.5.2RC and test if they work.. If they do not work then please make sure to let the developers know...

See the news section for more details...

Rodney

xoopdio
  • 2011/9/30 10:59

• xoopdio

• Just popping in

Thanks zyspec. Those were exactly match my problems.

I could correct the avatar trouble, and it's for a production site but I will wait for the stable update to correct the module name problem.

Thanks too Rodney for your answer but I won't : too unknown variables. Cf above.

redheadedrod

Try the RC version on a test site so you know if it will work on your site or not. It is important to try testing the RC version.It IS an RC because it is believed to be a stable version and if there is a bug that isn't squashed it should be squashed now. The idea is if you are still having issues then they fix it and come out with an RC2.

So please try out the latest version on a non-production server to see if your problem is resolved.

Rodney

xoopdio
  • 2011/10/2 2:22

• xoopdio

• Just popping in

Hi Rodney

So, thinking that you get one point there : I did the test.

1 - I could change module name fine.
2 - The avatar won't show in the "edit profile", when the database is updated fine. Avatar issue correction is still accurate.
3 - It seems too that the "slogan for your site" doesn't show anymore on the frontpage.

Should I report that elsewhere better than here ?

Thank you

redheadedrod

Although they say to go somewhere else you will see they do mention some things in "this" comment thread....

https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=6087

Good luck!

Rodney

trabis
  • 2011/10/3 18:53

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

Quote:

xoopdio wrote:

3 - It seems too that the "slogan for your site" doesn't show anymore on the frontpage.

Should I report that elsewhere better than here ?

I can't reproduce this. Where are you using the slogan? In the page title? What theme are you using?

You can report bugs in sourceforge for better tracking:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=41586&atid=430840

Login

Who's Online

102 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 102

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits