tomfoley
Module name on Main Menu
  • 2011/4/7 14:18

• tomfoley

• Just popping in

• Since: 2011/3/26

Hi all,

I'm making nice progress on getting Xoops up and running, very happy so far.

I have installed modules such as piCal and ForumEx. They appear on the main menu with these module names. On the main menu I'd like to change their names to something more user-friendly such as "Events Guide" and "Discussion Forum". What is the best way to achieve this?

In a similar vein I notice different themes have different pre-configured menu items which I would like to also modify to match my installation. How best to achieve?

Many thanks,

- Tom

playsome
Re: Module name on Main Menu
  • 2011/4/7 15:32

• playsome

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2009/4/15

Hello,

To change the names of modules go to your admin panel then modules administration then underneath the module logo there is a text box which you can change the default name of the module to anything you like, this will reflect in the module page title as well.

On the module admin page you can also change the weigt of which modules appear in the main menu by changing the values in the order column.

Im not sure what you are meaning in your second question "pre configured menu items", you can change the look of the main menu in your themes style.css file, if a theme has some hard coded menu then it will be inside either theme.html or another file within your theme directory.

Hope this helps you out

tomfoley
Re: Module name on Main Menu
  • 2011/4/7 17:09

• tomfoley

• Just popping in

• Since: 2011/3/26

Hi playsome,

Thank you very much. It has helped me enormously.

- Tom

Login

Who's Online

150 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 150

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits