bhndbrwneyes
best downloads mod

I'm currently using myDownloads and as far as I can tell, only admins can create downloads. I notice there are alot of download mods out there but a lot of mod developers don't write in depth descriptions about there mods. Is there a module for downloads where

1.) Users can upload files or provide external links for files to be downloaded instead of just the admins
2.) If the file is an image, can the description of the file include a small thumbnail of the file. Using myDownloads, I've uploaded Wallpapers for people to download but there is no way of them being able to preview what the file looks like without downloading them

Aside from those two points above which I believe myDownloads is lacking, I am also looking for

3.) Downloads to be sorted by category with availability for unlimited categories and subcategories.
4.) Permissions control. Some users are excluded from downloaded certain individual files or entire categories. Users can create downloads in certain categories automatically while some are banned and others require approval from the admins.

yata yata, same as myDownloads.

NOTE: I downloaded PD-Downloads and it worked for like 2 hours then it stopped working before I even made changes to anything on my site.

voltan
Re: best downloads mod
  • 2011/3/1 5:47

• voltan

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/12/5

try tdmdownloads

chefry
  • 2011/7/1 6:35

• chefry

• Home away from home

• Since: 2006/10/14

I also recommend TDM Downloads... GREAT module!

deepak267

I will recommend TDMDOWNLOAD 1.6
Note you need xoops 2.5.x for this
A member of www.AquariumHomeCare.com

chefry
  • 2011/7/1 11:39

• chefry

• Home away from home

• Since: 2006/10/14

I'm running 2.4.4 and TDM Downloads works fine

Login

Who's Online

201 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 201

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits