chco2
Re: [DEV] Android App for posting in Forum
  • 2011/1/31 23:30

• chco2

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/3/5 1

Should have posted it here, but unfortunately we were approached by a company that offered to pay for this. So we can't make it public..

Quote:

Any news on this app?

I can test it at the Galaxy S i9000b
“It's amazing the way people cling to insults. Or what they think are insults.”

Anonymous
  • 2011/2/1 12:00

• Anonymous

• Since:

What a pity you can't post it If you do we promise not to tell your client, deal ?

In general it would be good to have some more xoops development towards mobile sites and platforms. A module like xobile is a nice start but lacks potention to theme a professional looking mobile site. I played a bit with wapple (www.wapple.net) this weekend, an online platform for building and hosting mobile sites. It has many possibility's for making nice forms, polls, menu's, can interact with wordpress etc. It would be nice to have a wapple plugin or module for xoops !

Mamba
  • 2011/2/1 13:40

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
Should have posted it here, but unfortunately we were approached by a company that offered to pay for this. So we can't make it public..

yes, that's very unfortunate

To be honest, I would prefer not to know about a module, if there is a possibility that it will be sold to somebody and never released to the community.

Of course, if it is going to be a commercial module that we can buy, then it's a different story, but it could be communicated up-front, so there are no unfulfilled expectations.

Right now people will be disappointed...
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

chco2
  • 2011/2/1 17:04

• chco2

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/3/5 1

Lol flipse :)

For your suggestion about mobile abilities.. I will have a look into that..

Quote:

flipse wrote:
What a pity you can't post it If you do we promise not to tell your client, deal ?

In general it would be good to have some more xoops development towards mobile sites and platforms. A module like xobile is a nice start but lacks potention to theme a professional looking mobile site. I played a bit with wapple (www.wapple.net) this weekend, an online platform for building and hosting mobile sites. It has many possibility's for making nice forms, polls, menu's, can interact with wordpress etc. It would be nice to have a wapple plugin or module for xoops !
“It's amazing the way people cling to insults. Or what they think are insults.”

iHackCode

does the app use curl or xml-rpc or something?
CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Login

Who's Online

175 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 175

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits