HopeL
CBB Recent Topics Block Hack
  • 2011/1/27 21:16

• HopeL

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/8/21

I wonder if it's possible to hack the code for CBB Recent Topics block. The issue is that there are two posts that I want to exclude from the list of posts in this block. I changed the post date in the database so that they are much older than other posts. This worked for appearing last in the actual forum topic list but the block is still listing these two topics first even though I have set the block to show only most recent. I assume the block must be going by the p.post_id or topic id instead of post time?

Or is there a place in the database to edit the block to exclude these two topics either by changing the post time or post id so that they will not appear at all in the recent topic list? I am using CBB 3.05.

Or maybe I can use an if statement to exclude those two topics in the newbb_block.php file?

Thanks,
Hope

Mamba
Re: CBB Recent Topics Block Hack
  • 2011/1/27 21:40

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Try to move them to another topic, and make the topic then private
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

HopeL
  • 2011/1/27 21:45

• HopeL

• Just popping in

Hi Mamba,

Sorry, I probably should have explained that the posts are for SEO purposes, so I do want search engines to access and for the posts to be seen in the search engine results. I just don't want them to be too obvious in the lists. In hindsight, I should have made these posts when I first opened the topic but didn't think about it until now. I realize they will move down the list eventually but was hoping to speed up the process manually. Any thoughts on an if statement somewhere in the php block code or the block template to exclude those two posts?

Great idea for a different situation though!

Thanks,
Hope

HopeL
  • 2011/1/27 22:03

• HopeL

• Just popping in

No need for a hack. I switched to using the recent posts block instead.

Mamba
  • 2011/1/27 22:21

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Yes, that's the easiest way.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

189 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 189

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits