khuhner
Upgrading from 2.0.13.2 to 2.4.4
  • 2011/1/9 1:37

• khuhner

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/1/6 3

It's been a while since I've upgraded as I am on version 2.0.13.2. I'd like to upgrade to 2.4.4. I read the release notes here

https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=5208

Quote:

Upgrading from any XOOPS ranging from 2.0.7 to 2.0.13.2 (using the full package):

0. Unpack the archive to your LOCAL computer (e.g. PC) in a temporary directory.
1. Move the "upgrade" folder inside the "htdocs" folder on your LOCAL computer (it's been kept separate as it's not needed for full installs)
2. Delete htdocs/mainfile.php, htdocs/install/, htdocs/cache/, htdocs/template_c/, htdocs/themes/ and htdocs/uploads/ from the "htdocs" folder on your LOCAL computer
* if you have created XOOPS_TRUST_PATH folder on your server, copy the content of /xoops_lib to that directory, and delete /xoops_lib from the "htdocs" folder on your LOCAL computer
3. Upload the content of the htdocs folder on your LOCAL computer over your existing files on your server
4. Delete the following folders and files from your server (they belong to an old version):
* class/smarty/core
* class/smarty/plugins/resource.db.php
5. Ensure the server can write to mainfile.php (permission 0777 on Linux)
6. If you have Protector previously installed, open the "mainfile.php" file , and remove the Pre-check and Post-check lines (if they exist):

include XOOPS_TRUST_PATH.'/modules/protector/include/precheck.inc.php' ;
include XOOPS_TRUST_PATH.'/modules/protector/include/postcheck.inc.php' ;

7. For security considerations, you are encouraged to move directories xoops_lib (for XOOPS libraries) and xoops_data (for XOOPS data) out of document root, or even change the folder names.
8. Make the directory of xoops_data/ writable; Create and make the directories of xoops_data/caches/, xoops_data/caches/xoops_cache/, xoops_data/caches/smarty_cache/ and xoops_data/caches/smarty_compile/ writable (permission 0777 on Linux).
9. Access /upgrade/ with a browser, and follow the instructions
10. Write-protect mainfile.php again (permission 0444 on Linux)
11. Delete the "upgrade" folder from your server
12. Update the "system" module from the modules administration interface, other modules are recommended to update as well

If I am reading this right I can upgrade from 2.0.13.2 to 2.4.4 with one single upgrade? Or do I need to do an intermediate upgrade, then another upgrade to 2.4.4?

Kurt

Mamba
Re: Upgrading from 2.0.13.2 to 2.4.4
  • 2011/1/9 4:45

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Welcome back to XOOPS

Quote:
If I am reading this right I can upgrade from 2.0.13.2 to 2.4.4 with one single upgrade? Or do I need to do an intermediate upgrade, then another upgrade to 2.4.4?

Yes, that would be the right way.

But before you do it, test it locally or on another installation to make sure that it works correctly for you. Make also sure that you follow exactly the steps

Also, I would recommend upgrading to XOOPS 2.4.5 or XOOPS 2.5.0
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

khuhner
  • 2011/1/12 3:04

• khuhner

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/1/6 3

My ISP has Fantastico which will automatically upgrade my system. Do you recommend using it or should I do the upgrade manually? I dont have a lot of template modifcations so I think it may be OK...thoughts?

Kurt

Mamba
  • 2011/1/12 4:53

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

I would recommend manual upgrade. Some people had problems with Fantastico.

But before you do it, run the upgrade locally first to make sure that it works and that there are no surprises.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

167 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 167

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits